Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Whinlatter Mountain Bike Challenge?
  • rubymurry
    Free Member

What are the conditions like, wondering on layers and what you riding hardtail or full sus?

vim_fuego
    Free Member

Don’t know about Whinlatter but there is snow on Skiddaw this morning, quite low down apparently.
    I’ll be on a hardtail.
    Just emailed organiser to see if there will be a drink station on the course, KMB usually do one.

rubymurry
    Free Member

Weather report looks okay thou bit cold and windy, last years drink station was half way up south loop I think, driving up tonight may have a few beers in Keswick tonight!!!!!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Driving up this later afternoon, hoping to find somewhere to camp in the wilds in the forest.

At least the trees will shelter us from the wind and it does look dry after a bit of rain tonight, but it will be cold and a cold wait until the start.

rubymurry
    Free Member

Brrrrrr, camping will be so cold get yourself to the pub and YHA

Woodentop
    Free Member

Rode both the North and South Altura trails tonight, a lot of the route is on fire roads but uses some of the trails as well, its pretty wet in places with a bit of standing water, abit of snow higher up but nothing that affects the trail, all seemed ride well.
    The route seems to have changed from last year, you don’t go all the way to the top of the South trail, so I imagine they’ll have to add some extra bits to make up the mileage.
    Weather doesn’t seem to be to bad, sunshine and showers, even if it stays dry your still gonna get fairly wet from the trails.
    Have fun !!

boxelder

It’s clear and getting very cold now.
    I’d go for 3/4s with leg warmest, base layer, shirt and wind proof.
    Hard tail.

However, I’ll be cruising round the Bdale bash, with cafe break.
    Sunny forecast.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter Mountain Bike Challenge?’ is closed to new replies.