Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Whinlatter – How long to get there from the M6 ?
  • the_lecht_rocks

I'm heading South on Friday and considered popping into Whinlatter for a blast – How long does it take to drive from the M6 turn-off to the trail centre ?

TIA

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Not more than 30 minutes – avoid Keswick town centre by staying on the A66 and turn off at Braithwaite.

lowey

20mins or so. Straight road really.

grumm
    Free Member

Yup 20-30 mins depending on traffic.

Park in Thornthwaite and follow the singletrack bridleway up to the visitor centre – gives you an excellent bonus descent at the end of the day.

the_lecht_rocks

muchos gracias.
    how long will it take me to do both the north and south trails ?
    fit, quickish pace, on my own ?

grumm
    Free Member

Dunno – think it would take me a couple of hours, maybe a bit less, but I am not very fit. Do the blue loop too though – great fun.

gamo
    Free Member

tlr took me roughly two hours.

gamo
    Free Member

should also say good fun!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Park in Thornthwaite

I recommend you park at Powter How (by the former Swan Hotel), it's free and you won't piss off the residents 🙂

fozzybear
    Free Member

TLR – i've ridden it and it a great if not short ride on the north and south loops, do both loops but also do the blue it's a laugh!! hit it fast on the blue run and you'll be surprised how fun it is….

the_lecht_rocks

sounds like fun – if it's wet, i assume the trail is sustainable ?
    are showers available at the centre ?

cp

i went for the first time last week – agree with all the above, though I'd like to try the blue route. If it's anything like the start of the red, then it'd be fun at speed!

it took us about 2 and a half hours, but that was with a fair few photo stops, and a less than peak condition mate! Will be an hour and a half I reckon for a decently quick person with little in the way of stops.

not sure on showers – there's a bike was though. phone up the bike shop and ask them – numbers and postcode on the website

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

there's a bike wash though

I was told you only get a very short time for £2 🙁

Trekster

the blue is a blast 😆

izakimak
    Free Member

No shower's there i'm afraid, the lad i spoke to in the bike shop said they were hoping to get some in a some point.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

are you sure, i thought there were showers in the visitor centre when i went there in June (didn't use them so can't be certain)

fozzybear
    Free Member

sure that wasn't C_Y_B?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter – How long to get there from the M6 ?’ is closed to new replies.