Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Whinlatter & Grizedale Duathlons
  • crispo
    Free Member

Has any body on here got much experience of these?

For the past couple of years have been setting myself some challenges to keep in shape. 2011 I did my first 12 hour endurance race as a pair, last year I ran a marathon buy this year I have let it slip. Was looking for something to give me a kick into the new year as thought this could be it!

Not done one before but like the idea. Are they really hard work? Do I need to do a lot of rspecific training or is general bike and run fitness ok?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Didn’t know about this, cheers for the PSA

One of my colleagues is an elite traithlete and is doing a bit of duathlon this winter, I’ll ask her and let you know

martinhutch

Whinlatter was a couple of weeks ago, wasn’t it?

As an onlooker, it looked bloody tough… 🙂

Basically a race around the blue and south loop red sandwiched between two fairly hefty runs.

Not that many overtaking opportunities if bike is your strong suit, either.

Hells

I’ve been persuaded to do the bike leg at Grizedale while my cousin does the running bit! Should be a nice little pootle, while she get to do the hard work!! 😀

A nice little training day out!

crispo
    Free Member

There is two at Whinlatter this year, the second is called the extreme version and is in April, that’s the one I’m aiming for.

Yeah I think it’s the running on the hills that will hurt. Should be a good tough challenge then from the sound of it.

http://highterrainevents.co.uk/index

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter & Grizedale Duathlons’ is closed to new replies.