Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Whinlatter Gravity Enduro
  • breadcrumb

Anyone else doing this tomorrow?

I’m hoping they have a hardtail category again this year, mostly so I have an excuse for being so low down the table!

Does anyone know whats going on with parking?

stoney
    Free Member

I live locally and I have never paid on the car park (cos its a rip off)
    They cant enforce a fine cos its the National Trust, but pay if you wish…
    DO NOT PARK ON THE ROAD COS YOU BLOCK IT CAUSING A HAZZARD FOR EVERYONE ELSE.

BTW, it`ll be a complete mud fest….. Enjoy!

breadcrumb

TBH I usually just stick an hour on if I’m there through the day (North and South don’t take very long).

Didn’t know if they’d have us parking on the fire roads.

How local are you stoney?

justinbieber

With no queuing, the loop takes about 1.5hrs minimum, so allow at least 3-4 hours including sign on and briefing. Get there early as parking will get crazy busy pretty quick. And it will be an absolute slop fest. I can’t wait…

boxelder

I’ll be timing you on one of the stages.
    It’s not NT stoney, or a charity. They can fine.

stoney
    Free Member

Sorry , boxelder is right… I still take my chances though!.

breadcrumb, I`m in Keswick.

Not riding it though…… 🙁

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Also bear in mind the Fred Whitton is on so they’re will be over 2k of roadies going past the entrance (I’ll be one of ’em) to the forest car park. Also because it’s around the half way mark of the course some entrants have people waiting at the side of the road to give them water/food so it’ll be rammed full of cars I’d imagine. Quite surprised they’ve clashed on the same day tbh, it may well be carnage tomorrow.
    Edit – ignore me, just re read the OP’s post and its on today, not tomorrow 😳

boxelder

Were you on an orange hardtail breadcrumb?

breadcrumb

Nope, on a raw/muddy 456. Orange jacket. My mate was on a orange Trek HT.

Which point were you marshalling at boxelder? Must say the organisation was spot on- shame it had been so wet the last few days.

boxelder

I was at the top of 3, but had to close before midday to allow mountain rescue in 🙁

thedreamsalive
    Free Member

I was at the top of 3 as we’ll, shame it got closed, hope the chap is on the mend. It was probably about the the best stage to ride with all the mud that was about. Great organisation and some very slippy conditions.

breadcrumb

Stage 3 was shut before I got there. Hope the guys okay, makes my sprained wrist very insignificant really.

I was hoping to make some time up on 3 too.

boxelder

Anyone we know…..?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

😆

breadcrumb

😆

That’s a cracker! Riding down that beck was interesting!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter Gravity Enduro’ is closed to new replies.