• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by anc.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whinlatter Enduro Vs Dyfi Enduro
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Right, I entered the Whinlatter enduro last night as its sort of local to me and the weather forecast looks good.

I’ve done the Dyfi Enduro every year (apart from the 3rd and 4th one when I was in NZ) and love it.

How do they compare?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

How did you manage to enter last night? Entries closed last saturday didnt they?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

nope. Entries closed last night.
    But, if you click on the wrong page, it shows you that entries for last year closed the saturday before…

mtbmatt
    Free Member

If Whinlatter is just riding around the man-made trails then the Dyfi will be much more of a technical challenge.
    Plenty of climbing on both though I am sure.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

mtbmatt – I’ll take the other way round (I’ve done Dyfi, not done Whinlatter)
    So Whinlatter is an mtb-fairy version of a real man’s race?

anc
    Free Member

Its tough because of the volume of climbing. Lots of fireroad up and trailcentre type down nowt too technical. The transitions to these singletrack sections are very busy if your not in the top 50 or so.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

anc, Ive ridden at Whinlatter a few times. Do you have any idea of the layout of the lap? Is it just the North and South loops?

anc
    Free Member

This is the map of the 1st year which was a toughy, last years was different slighty and less hard.

anc
    Free Member

Forgot to add it was 2 laps of the above.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter Enduro Vs Dyfi Enduro’ is closed to new replies.