Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Whinlatter challenge
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Good to see you Rich and I might take you up on your offer of a north lakes ride.

Has anyone seen any of the photos yet as there were at least 6 snappers on the course?

butcher

Loads of photos here: http://www.sportsunday.co.uk/whinlatter-mtb-marathon-2012

I’m not saying what my time was 😳

sambob
    Free Member

Just found out a young lad I sometimes ride with came 4th in the half enduro. I think he’s 14. 😯

big_n_daft
    Free Member

how can you be 1st (or 43rd) if it wasn’t a race?

d45yth
    Free Member

big_n_daft – Member

how can you be 1st (or 43rd) if it wasn’t a race?

That’ll be why there’s prize giving afterwards then? 🙄

big_n_daft
    Free Member

That’ll be why there’s prize giving afterwards then?

so it’s a race then

why not call it one?

do they have something to hide?

boxelder

so it’s a race then

why not call it one?

do they have something to hide?

There’s nothing to hide – it’s not on bridleways, so no problem with calling it a race. Most people enter it as a challenge, knowing they’re not going to win, so for most it’s a challenge, so it’s called a challenge………on a mountain bike…….at Whinlatter.

Put it together and what do you get…….
    All together, after three…….

radoggair
    Free Member

think if they called it the Whinlatter Race then the entries would diminish alot. Its a good concept that works and for most entering takes the mentality of having to race out of it ( though i’m guessing nearly everyone was fighting for every position available).

Its a good concept that works, bit like the no fuss events and similiar types of events. Not so called races but the top guys n gals still compete against one another. For most, podiums are not filled with mega big prizes, more just kudos and self fulfillment

big_n_daft
    Free Member

There’s nothing to hide – it’s not on bridleways, so no problem with calling it a race

so it’s only on the south side of the road so as to avoid that really inconvenient bridleway on the north side that looks like it runs past the visitor centre parallel to Comb Beck?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter challenge’ is closed to new replies.