Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Whinlater?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Gonna ride some trail centre or other tomorrow, probably CyB or NyrA. Never been to whinlater before, is it worth the effort of getting there as it’ll take me the best part of 3hrs..?

simonralli2
    Free Member

We’ve just been talking about this – have a look here:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/first-trip-to-whinlatter-tomorrow-anything-i-need-to-know

There are also quite a few vids on Youtube of the descents.

crazy-legs

No.

If you’re going to drive for 3hrs each way then there are hundreds of far superior natural routes in the Lakes. Nice place but not worth a 3hr drive.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

You’ll be passing lots of other great trails in the Lakes on the way there, so I’d say no, unless you want to spend a few hours riding around in the trees not really knowing if you are at Whinlatter or CyB etc.

If trail centres are your thing (and driving….) I’d say go to Grizedale instead and ride the North Face plus some of the older trails in the forest, best of both worlds (though still lacking in views compared with Borrowdale or Skiddaw rides etc)

Diane
    Free Member

No as above

stumpy01

As above. I wouldn’t say it’s worth a 3hr drive each way.

Trekster

What the others say.
    You could add on Blencartha/Latrigg or do the Borrowdale Bash if you head up to Keswick and make a full day of it.

lowey

Driving 3 hours through the lake district and only riding whinlatter would be like visiting a brothel and only getting a kiss.

clareymorris

Lowey – toooo true 😀

Drac

What Lowey says. 😆

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Depends where you’re kissed 😉

Trekster

some people just like to talk…same as on here 😉

GaVgAs
    Free Member

lol at Lowey.. :-)Call in at any bike shops,they have all the maps of some exellent natural trails…enjoy 😉

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Got to say I’ve never driven up to the north lakes for a solo ride, I’d much prefer a south lakes route, misses the lasst hour of driving as well.

loddrik
    Free Member

I have no problem driving for a few hours for a ride. Just fancy trail centre stuff tomorrow though.

I reckon I’ll just head to CyB. Anyone been over the last couple of days? How busy was it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Whinlater?’ is closed to new replies.