Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Whinfell Centerparcs – not been for a few yrs
  • iainc

..but off there shortly for a few days. Was planning on hiring a clunker and taking the kids kickaround BMX’s rather than their Islabikes. Is there anything near enough that merits me taking my cx bike instead, for early morning getaways while kids still asleep ?

Last time we were there the restaurants were crap – any better now ?

Cheers

marcus7
    Free Member

Theres a lot off park that you could ride if you got an early dart and yes the restaurants are the usual chains so not exactly great…. the pub is probably the best and thats not saying much… the pool changing rooms are miles better though especially for families ( you dont need a £1 coin as you use a wrist band now).

iainc

thanks marcus. Kids are 8 and 11, so I think time will be largely Sports plaza and swimming – good about changing area, as I recall it being less than ideal

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    davieg
    Free Member

Was last there in March and found Cafe Rouge and Bella italia to be reasonably decent. We had lunch once at the Lakeside Inn and didn’t rate it. Have modest expectations and you could be surprised.

Universal bands that double as door keys and locker keys are much better.

iainc

thanks davie

mdavids
    Free Member

I did this on my mtb last time I was there:

Up great dun fell

Not the most interesting of rides to get there but it’s an epic climb with great views.

Very nice getting back and diving straight in the pool.

z1ppy

Not Whinfell but Longleats Huck’s (and no doubt all the rest) pastrami on rye and vanilla milkshakes are lush, Cafe Rouge was about the best of the lot though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Whinfell Centerparcs – not been for a few yrs’ is closed to new replies.