Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • While we wait for the Cotic Rocket…
  • philxx1975
    Free Member

From what I heard the firm has gone to the wall that was trying to make them, however on the grapevine they were still going to make them in Sheffield,

ratherbeintobago

From what I heard the firm has gone to the wall that was trying to make them

BML website is still up.

chestrockwell

Thought people would have forgotten about these and moved on by now.

Many people still on the waiting list?

roverpig

There is an article in the current edition of one of the mags (can’t remember which) about a 29er Rocket. It mentions all the stuff about British manufacturing, plans for carbon fabrication in future and fifty 26″ Rockets being made first, with the 29er shortly after. I thought that was all out of date now, but you’d have thought the editor would have checked before going to press, so maybe not.

jimw
    Free Member

There is no waiting list, Those who had ‘pre ordered’ were informed their slot had been cancelled in August
    Edit due to poor memory!
    The article described sounds similar to one in MBR, October edition

brant
    Free Member

BML definitely still very much in business

brunse11
    Free Member

It’ll all come good I’m sure. I still want a Rocket more than I want a super-value-component-bargain-Euro-offering, however good/amazing/world series they are. If it’s a thing I want, I need to really want it, y’know?

v666ern
    Free Member

Please cy, build the rockets x

soundninjauk

I test rode one in August 2013, and really wanted it then. Great bunch of guys, couldn’t have been more helpful, and the bike was fantastic. Unfortunately nothing changes the fact that they couldn’t sell me a frame, and (after waiting for a knee injury to recover) got a Whyte G150S a couple of months ago, which is also pretty fantastic.

phutphutend

How about one of my frames instead of a Rocket?

I’ve got the design mostly sorted, but the quality needs a bit of improvement.

Steel, 650b. Keep an eye on my Pinkbike page. The frame is in the painters now and should be built up over the weekend.

More photos here…

I’d be happy to build one at cost plus a little bit for anyone willing to take a small risk of a relativily untested design?

nickc

It’ll all come good I’m sure. I still want a Rocket more than I want a super-value-component-bargain-Euro-offering,

Yeah. 😀

nickc

phutphutend, that’s really nice looking, your own design?

phutphutend

All designed and made with my own fair hands.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Steel. Carbon. You might even be able to buy one,one day.
    http://www.swarfcycles.co.uk

nickc

phut, it’s really nice, you must be dead chuffed 😀 Can’t wait to see what it looks like painted.

can you tell us a bit more about the design? geometry? what you’re aiming for?

phutphutend

Frame geometry is:
    66.5 HA,
    1190mm wheelbase;
    435mm CS;
    -10mm BB drop.

Single pivot with 150mm front and rear. Main pivot bang on line with 34T chainring. Slightly rising rate suspension.

It a development from my last frame, see Pinkbike album. This was designed for 650b wheels but they didn’t fit. So I used it with 26″, but the BB was just too low. Also, the HA on my last frame was closer to 65deg and just too slack. The swingarm design has improved with the use of some waterjet cut parts. A minor change to swingarm and seatpost positioning has allowed the shock mount to drop giving a better spring curve.

chiefgrooveguru

Nice work!

So does -10mm BB drop mean 10mm BB rise? I usually guess based on BB heights as manufacturers are so inconsistent with this…

phutphutend

No sorry, the BB is 10mm below wheel axles. Not the double negative I implied!

Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘While we wait for the Cotic Rocket…’ is closed to new replies.