Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • which….waterproof short?
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

off to wales for the weekend. forecast is….damp.

which waterproof shorts? most tempted by the altura attack shorts.

opinions?

slowjo
    Free Member

I've got the Altura shortss. They kept me pretty dry during a wet weekend in Dalby but… I was only really comfortable with them when wearing 3/4 lengths underneath as the hems tending to chafe quite badly, especially when they got a bit gritty underneath.

mtbfix

I have the Endura eVent 3/4s. They have proven themselves to be very reliable through the winter.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    z1ppy

Really like my altura atack 3/4's, long enough to keep my knee warm on cold wet ride and throughly waterproof otherwise (wear mine with normal length lycra short underneath without issue).
    Not tried any others to compare them to though.

Carpediem
    Free Member

I've been off work since the 20th and we've had 3 dry days near Afan… Bring a wetsuit, not waterproof shorts !!! Grrrrr

Gary_M
    Free Member

I've been using the gore ones for commuting for just over 18 months. I use them for commuting and as I live in the west of scotland I waer them on most of my rides. Tehy're starting to look a bit worn out now though but they have been fantastic.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The ones that are protected from spray with a mudguard 😀

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

I have some Roach ones, which are great but not available anymore I don't think. Also Troy Lee make some which are pretty good, I have 2 pairs of them; not as bomb proof as the Roaches and without the flasher patch on the front but good nonetheless

roughneck
    Free Member
    Gary_M
    Free Member

The ones that are protected from spray with a mudguard

Mudguards don't keep your thighs dry and warm.

Macavity
    Free Member

Waterproof shorts …..Incontinence pants?

shermer75
    Free Member

I've got the Endura eVent 3/4's too. Pricey, but very comfortable and very hard wearing.

funkynick

I've got the Altura Attacks and the other half has the Endura Superlight… both of which have been excellent, although I would mirror the comments made above about the Attacks 3/4s, that with normal lycra shorts they can rub a bit on your knees on longer rides so I generally wear them with 3/4 bibs.

LeeW

You can't get the Endura in Event anymore unless you're lucky with some old stock, they use a proprietry PTFE material now which is supposedly as good as Event (which is made of the same thing – ish) Endura's sizing on shorts is just plain odd too.

Gore ones are good but the packlite material isn't the best wearing or toughest for mountain biking. They make a 3/4 version now which is great.

I have some of the Stealth tights which are pretty good.

sillyoldman

New Madison Tempests are very good – high end feel/fit/features at low end price.

chakaping
    Free Member

You can't get the Endura in Event anymore unless you're lucky with some old stock, they use a proprietry PTFE material now which is supposedly as good as Event (which is made of the same thing – ish) Endura's sizing on shorts is just plain odd too.

I wouldn't recommend buying the old eVent, I had two pairs fail on the bum seam with not very much use.

I now have the new version as a warranty replacement and it's nowhere near as breathable.

Cut much tighter too, better for riding but may contribute to/exacerbate lack of breathability. In short, they get hot!

nickegg
    Free Member

DO NOT GET ENDURA 3/4 LENGTH!

I'm on my 3rd (warranty) pair and they always leak aroud the arse seams! I've given up with Endura products….crap IMO.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘which….waterproof short?’ is closed to new replies.