Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which xl sleeping mat
  • sofaboy73
    Free Member

Looking for a new xl sleeping mat for car camping so weight / size not really an issue. My outwell dream catcher has given up the ghost after only 2 years and goes down during the course of the night. Liked the 10cm thickness and it was fairly wide at 65cm, but would like something wider as couldn’t get my elbows on it when lying on my back. Happy to spend a bit as it will get used for at least 3 weeks every year and happy to pay for a goods night sleep and something that will last

grahamt1980

Exped syn mat or down mat. If you get the large one it’s massive

technicallyinept
    Free Member

The Exped Synmat XL is no wider than than your current mat.

ahsat

Alpkit dozer

muttley109
    Free Member

I’ve got a vango comfort 10 double for car camping. It’s massive, it’s a pig to deflate and roll up and when you do it’s still huge. But it’s very, very comfy

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Thermarest last forever

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

i love the one i got from Obelink: https://www.obelink.co.uk/nomad-allround-xw-10.0.html after my alpkit dozer sprung a leak at the valve.

non slip top cover, mine is the XL version – 193x76x10cm. but does come in a slightly narrower version 63cm. just open the valves and it does self inflate.
    missus has similar, but branded Hypercamp, also from obelink which she’s had for several seasons

Cowman

I use a thermarest basecamp for the same duties.

No issues in about 8 years now.

Gotama
    Free Member

We got a couple of thermarest mondokings for our camping exploits; highly recommended. Also happily slept on them for the best part of four weeks when we were having an extension done and sleeping on the floor at my mums place.

grahamt1980

I think the exped lw is bigger than the xl. Mine is really big and very comfortable

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which xl sleeping mat’ is closed to new replies.