Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which XC frame for a heavy rider??
  • somouk
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

I’m after a short travel full suspension frame but one that can take a heavy rider. A lot of AM frames have too much travel and weight a lot but the XC frames probably can’t take as much of a beating so what offers the best compromise??

Ideally 100mm travel front and rear and as light as possible!

Cheers,

neninja
    Free Member

Pivot Mach 4 would be a good candidate I would think. There’s a review in here somewhere.

Another alternative would be a Nicolai Helius CC.

sambob
    Free Member

New ST4 is pretty tough by most accounts.

takisawa2

How heavy ?

I was probably just over 17st kitted up & had no issues any frames I’ve owned. If I had to pick one though I’d say Ventana. Can’t recall what their 4″ bike is called though.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I can second the Helius CC, I’m by no means heavy but you’renot gonna brake one as they’re soo over built

somouk
    Free Member

I’m only 15 stone fully kitted so not too heavy but i’m a pretty heavy rider in the sense that over bumpy stuff I tend to go in and hold on with little or no finesse. 🙂

ajr
    Free Member

]null[/url]
    Ventana El Saltamontes

benjbish

I’ve just got a Santa Cruz Superlight…. I’m about 101kg and it’s fine. The frame seems alot burlier than previous editions.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Bregante

I can second the Helius CC, I’m by no means heavy but you’renot gonna brake one as they’re soo over built

I, on the other hand am a reet fat bastid and my cc feels solid as a rock!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which XC frame for a heavy rider??’ is closed to new replies.