Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Which Xbox?
  • SBrock
    Free Member

ok is it worth the extra for the 250gb? or just stick with the 4gb?

if I install games on the 250gb HD will they load quicker?

what do you guys think?

Also games…… COD: Black Ops & Red Dead Redemp are first on my list!

cheers

deserter
    Free Member

I was dissapointed when I got the 4gb kinnect home and realised that the hard drive is different to a normal one and quite expensive, when you do all the updating etc all you will have left is about 2.5gb

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

to solve this problem you can get a 160gb ps3 for £196 and you can get your games on that. i doubt you will ever fill it up. also then you get a blu ray player

SBrock
    Free Member

i already have a blu ray player, also i hear that the games on the PS3 are just ports from xbox and dont take advantage of the better hardware? – saying that I would probably not be able to tell the difference anyway.

CHB

ps3. not a fan boy, but its just better.
    (Unless all your mates have xbox)

s4rpf
    Free Member

get 250gb one quieter playing games from HDD and games like Halo Reach recommend playing from hdd other wise could cause pause when playing if from cd.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Get Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but say goodbye to any social life.

flyingmonkeycorps

I’d go Xbox over PS3 mainly because it has more exclusives I’d want to play. My bro has both and the PS3 is essentially a Bluray player. But that’s personal choice.

For the Xbox, get the one with the big HD. Updates, demos, arcade games all take up lots of space. Don’t get Black Ops, Modern Warfare 1 is MUCH better. Assassin’s Creed 2 is awesome (and really cheap now) as well.

Cougar

Will you use it online, ever? If yes, get the bigger one no question.

What’s the price difference? If it’s not “shedloads,” get the bigger one.

If you’re thinking of upgrading at a later date, don’t, get the bigger one.

Alternatively, get the bigger one.

There’s a theme here.

Also, Red Dead Redemption is fantastic.

muddy_bum
    Free Member

250Gb may seem huge but 4Gb just isn’t enough.
    More and more content is online only.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Bear in mind that you can now use memory sticks or an external hard drive, so if you have any lying about it may be worth considering the 4 gb one.

Cougar

Bear in mind that you can now use memory sticks or an external hard drive

… only up to 16gb, IIRC.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Ah, I never knew, but that’s still not too bad if you have a few sticks handy.

Rockplough
    Free Member

250gb without a doubt. 4gb is nothing. I have one of the old ones with a 16gb hdd and a 16gb usb stick and struggle for space. It’s mainly game installs, xbox live arcade games, and downloaded rock band songs that take up the space for me.

Drac

250gb, 4gb is tiny and not worth it memory sticks are too slow.

PS3 Vs 360 argument is pointless both are very good consoles, if planning to play online then look at what your mates have..

flyingmonkeycorps

I believe the memory stick support is FAT32 only, which will mean a filesize limit of (iirc) a tiny bit under 4gb. Again, sounds like loads but if you want to install games or demos you could have problems…

Cougar

PS3 Vs 360 argument is pointless both are very good consoles, if planning to play online then look at what your mates have..

+many

I believe the memory stick support is FAT32 only, which will mean a filesize limit of (iirc) a tiny bit under 4gb. Again, sounds like loads but if you want to install games or demos you could have problems…

I’d have to check for sure so could be wrong here, but I don’t think you can install games / demos to the USB key regardless of size. It’s purely for profiles / saves. (I have my profile on a USB key so I can take it round to a mate’s easily).

(Otherwise, the way round the 4Gb problem would be to use HFS+ which IIRC the 360 supports…)

flyingmonkeycorps

You could well be right. I know you can play movies off sticks / externals but maybe not games.

Cougar

I think I’m wrong, actually.

From http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1082253p1.html

a game saved to a USB device can be played on the system it was originally downloaded to, either online or offline, and by any gamertag; a game saved to a USB device connected to a system other than that to which it was originally downloaded to can only be played by the purchasing gamertag.

I digress though. I’ve just had a look at pricing and the difference between a 4Gb and a £250Gb model is 40 quid. It’s a no-brainer, you’ll be saving yourself a lot of frustration in the long run by getting the bigger model. If you were to add one later, the RRP of the standalone drive is £80.

I bought a 250Gb at Christmas and despite not actually using it that much, I have the Forza 3 2nd disc (you have to install this), a movie and a couple of demos on there and have gone waaaay over 4Gb already.

The 250 is gloss black, rather than matt too if this makes any difference to you.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Which Xbox?’ is closed to new replies.