Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which would be best for a rear tyre, butcher or purgatory?
  • blader1611
    Free Member

I am out riding tonight but i need a new rear tyre. I only have an edinburgh co op cycle shop to hand which is a shame as they dont do price match and are always expensive so i am left with either a butcher or purgatory (front tyre is a purg), what is the difference and which is better for rear end?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Best way around is Butcher front and Purgatory at the back.

devash
    Free Member

Purg / Purg or Butcher / Purg works best. A Butcher on the back would create too much drag and feel weird when climbing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    blader1611
    Free Member

The front is already set up tubeless so probably not going to swap it to the rear so i guess i will just match it and put a purg on the back. Do Evans carry any stock of tyres as eveything i look at on there site is a click and collect for tomorrow?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Best way around is Butcher front and Purgatory at the back.

+1

Other option is a Slaughter which is very quick. Although I wouldn’t want to run it after too much rain…

jointhedotz
    Free Member

Quite liking my Ground control/purg combo. Although come winter the purg will go on the rear and a butcher will be up front.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which would be best for a rear tyre, butcher or purgatory?’ is closed to new replies.