Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • which wireless router?
  • rOcKeTdOg

mine seems to have given up the ghost, online now through antiquated adsl modem and 30ft of telephone wire, not really the best use of a laptops portability!

so what do i replace my netgear router with?

dobo
    Free Member

i’ve never had a problem with my linksys wireless adsl wag200g

my dlink used to randomly hang then died one day

jam-bo

another netgear.

bruneep

netgear again

dawson

netgear thirded

Onzadog
    Free Member

My netgear has been fine. Wish I could say the same for my belkin adaptor!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Linksys WRT54G for ‘G’ and 10/100. ‘L’ (WRT54GL) version flashed with 3rd party firmware for loads of extra options and great stability.

D-Link DIR655 for ‘N’ and 10/100/1000.

This is still for sale – hope it’s of interest:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ot-wireless-router

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I have been through loads of Netgear ones, kind of given up on them. Currnelty using a Belkin 802.11 N job and that seems okay thus far – needs the odd reboot every now and then, but it hasn’t stopped working altogether yet!!!

Actually, currenlty on a 3 wireless dongle on the laptop since TalkTalk are going to take 6 weeks to reconnect us to the interweb post move 🙁

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Xyzel Prestige here.

Works over three floors of our house quite well.

Dancake
    Free Member

Linksys WRT54G flashed with DD-WRT here. (dont buy a 2 meg one though!)

sharkbait
    Free Member

Netgear DG834G (if the still do it) – installed quite a few and they are cheap, easy to install, and reliable. Simple.

cynic-al
    Free Member

My belkin is pretty poor – drops frequently

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’ve got a netgear dg834g sitting unused in the cupboard at home, make me an offer 🙂

snakebite
    Free Member

the new BT one I put in 2 weeks ago is pretty good, seems to have a huge range on it. In fact, the hub internet phone with it works as far away as the local pub beer garden…..

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve got a tenda N type one from ebuyer – it’s been faultless and is cheap too – worth a look at least.

I also have the USB adaptor on one on my computers and that’s been similarly fautless.

timber

Have a Netgear that came with PO broadband has worked faultlessly, doesn’t reach the far end of the garden, but the house wall is about 5 foot of stone

does the extra money really buy you much more?

happysnapper
    Free Member

I’ve got a Belkin and it seems to work pretty well. Good coverage and speed.

The Netgear I got with Virgin just didn’t have the punch to get through the walls in my house. Just my experience though. There was a pcpro lab recently looking at them all. Think the Linksys came out on top with the Belkin afterwards.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Cant you just change providers and get a new one for free?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘which wireless router?’ is closed to new replies.