Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which winter tyre?
  • sig123
    Free Member

Tyre recommendations please, needs to be tubeless ready ,good in the mud but also good for a bit of path/road riding.

rickon
    Free Member

good in the mud but also good for a bit of path/road riding

Nothing fits that requirement unfortunately.

What type of riding is it for? Very steep and technical with mud, flat trails in the mud? Just riding from the house to the trail for 5 minutes? Commuting for two hours?

sig123
    Free Member

Where I live we have 3/4 woods with some good singletrack that is now muddy and rooty but we do have to link them up with paths and some lanes hence a tyre good for both or average for both.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’d go awesome for mud, and average for paths.

Maxxis shorty.

kerley
    Free Member

Mud and path/road are opposites.

I have the same choice and go towards road/path bias as 90% of my miles are road/path with 10% at most being muddy. I have found Continental X Kings okay but actually just stick with semi slick Mescals and slide around in the mud as they are faster and more confidence inspiring on road/path.

rickon
    Free Member

Shorty front, DHR2 rear would be my go-to choice.

Or

Magic Mary Trailstar front, Hans Dampf pacestar rear

benpinnick

Shorty front, DHR2 rear would be my go-to choice.

This, or a trimmed down DHR2 seems a good halfway house without the rolling resistance of the shorty.

verbboy
    Free Member

just gone to a Shorty front and beaver rear – amazing fun in the muddycrudness.

Beaver doesn’t look like it should work as well as it does!

Northwind

Nobeerinthefridge – Member

I’d go awesome for mud, and average for paths.

Maxxis shorty.

Me too. Bad on paths and roads is just tiring but bad in mud is painful. And a Butcher on the back personally, surprisingly fast rolling.

andyl
    Free Member

beaver

votchy
    Free Member

Last night ran a Geax Gato on the front and a Geax Datura on the back, roll surprisingly well on tarmac and got me through, up and down all the mud we encountered (which was a lot on our local stuff). these are 26″, TNT spec and were both less than £15 each from on-one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which winter tyre?’ is closed to new replies.