Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which winter cycling shoes/boots
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Which winter cycling shoes or boots should I be looking to get for the coming months?

My old Shimano ones have died, they need to be wide fitting and water proof.

Ta

Onzadog
    Free Member

tick, as my Shimano MT90 leaked recently.

z1ppy

tried NV celsius don't find them warm, dry but not warm, using MT90's obviously not hugely waterproof from the point of view that the collar is very open, but they are warm… when they die I'll probably go for the shimano MW80's as they seem to get decent reviews, performance wise but their longevity seems to be questioned occasionally

Lake MXZ300 'frankenstein's monsters' boots are the ultimate though I believe.

ton

mt90

woodsman
    Free Member

Lake – the ultimate IMO!

I bought a pair of old model 301's I believe from All Terrain Cycles, they came out at £100 exactly – last year. I've been through one winter and I'm looking forward to using them again in the coming months. Fabulous boots, comfy, warm, waterproof(so far), such quality – you'll never buy Shimy again. I bought some summer riding shoes(Lake)this year!

Can't recommend them enough.

psychle
    Free Member

I'm going to give Lake's new MX140 a try this winter… they look pretty good to me, anyone got experience with them yet?

Nezbo
    Free Member

I tend to use my summer shoes and get some good over shoes, a lot better and easyer to dry when it is wet 🙂

and cheeper 😉

sharkbait
    Free Member

Bought mw80s last winter…… did the job admirably. Dry and warm with the right socks.

Adders69
    Free Member

Sidi Diablo's are excellent – but the price appears to have gone through the roof!! Those new Lake's look great though …

dobo
    Free Member

mw80's do the job ok, stop my toes going numb but can still get frozen and whilst waterproof they can let water in through the foot opening fastening area, fairly common problem with many boots.
    They also make my right knee ache more compared to my specialized shoes but thats just me and shimano shoes, slightly heavy and you will also need to size up!they are too warm for spring summer..
    They are slightly tricky to put on than other boots too.

Last year they were a revelation to me but this year if i was buying i'd want better (i'm staying with these though as they still in good nick and work ok)
    I would give them 7/10, they do nothing badly but also could be improved on, best i tried yet though.

oddly i still like using my spesh bg shoes in winter but with overshoes on, it works too and cheaper..

woodsman
    Free Member

I did the overshoe thing for years, it does work, I think I must have spent over the cost of my Lake boots on overshoes in the past though. Only really got one winter out of a pair, tend to rip up a bit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which winter cycling shoes/boots’ is closed to new replies.