Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Which WIDE bars?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Decided I’m going to get some big wide bars as my current RaceFace ones which were on the bike when I got it had been cut down a touch too much for me.

So… what do I get? I was about to hit the button for a set of Nuke Proofs which are a similar price to Eastons but not sure how wide the Eastons are? Also seen some Elements on CRC which seem pretty good VFM – anyone any experience with those?

Cheers
    Dave

thomthumb
    Free Member

eastons are 685mm thats not wide thats normal width imo.

700mm is where wide begins.

brant
    Free Member

Wide bars today? Slack head angles yesterday?
    What tommorow?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Tomorrow I’ll be understanding cyclocross! Maybe not…

twohats
    Free Member

Wide bars today? Slack head angles yesterday?
    What tommorow?

I reckon really big Q factors to match wide bars for that jet ski feel, will be the next big thing.

balfa
    Free Member

I’ve been using onza 30″ (762mm) carbons as I had them already. They have alu inside too. Not that light but designed for trials abuse so doubt I’ll break them now they are on a xc bike. You can get wider still but at 30″ they are verging on ridiculous already.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Straitline. 740mm I think with 19mm rise. Truly magnificent!

steveh

reverse fli xxl’s in 760mm width or standard reverse bars at 710. Depends what you mean by wide really.

glenp
    Free Member

Is slack angles yesterday? Hope so – been a long time waiting for the magazines to change the record. Now cowhorns are back eh?

As an aside but related to the OP – I’ve found that it makes a really useful difference to put your hands on the outer part of the grips, which in turn means not having the brake levers quite so far nudged in.

guitarhero
    Free Member

About as wide as they come.
    And funky colours too.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Sunline V2 low rise – the only way to go for +700mm bars and £30 @ Llandegla one planet 8)

phutphutend

twohats – Member

I reckon really big Q factors to match wide bars for that jet ski feel, will be the next big thing.

I started a whole thread abou this on SDH a while ago. Narrow Q factors are for pedalling efficiency. For DH this isn’t too important. However, stability is. Therefore a wide Q factor on DH bikes will be advantageous.

This is opbviously too radical thinking for most people out there so nobody really understood!

jonathan
    Free Member

Back to original post – I’ve been using the Element Nickel Wides on one bike for a while and they get a thumbs up from me. Nice sweep and feel. I might want to trim them a cm each side, but no more… and they’re not my bars/bike 😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cheers all. Still no idea what to choose so I’ll have a hunt around and get whatever is cheapest out of the above.

CheesybeanZ

Guitarhero..luving the orange 8) or try these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7152

jonb
    Free Member

I’ve got some sunnline v3 which are nice 711mm. If your budget is higer go for the v1 or v2.

messiah
    Free Member
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Which WIDE bars?’ is closed to new replies.