Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Which wheels? (sorry)
  • sambob
    Free Member

For general XC/Trail centre/small jumps. Either new or 2nd hand, up to £150. Cheers in advance

PJM1974
    Free Member

What front axle?

sambob
    Free Member

QR/15mm front, QR rear. I’m thinking Pro11 front?

PJM1974
    Free Member

There’s these:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30822

Under budget and spares should be easy to obtain.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Whoops, ignore. STW has gone for a pony.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Still going for a pony…

PJM1974
    Free Member

sambob
    Free Member

bump.

grtdkad

I’ve not checked recently but I’m pretty sure for that budget Dave Hinde will be able to build you a nice pair of Mavic 717s. Light, strong – perfect?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

You could find some hope/mavic wheelsets for £150 second hand i reckon. something like XM719 rims would do you fine.
    new for £150? those crossrides posted above are pretty good. maybe see what superstar have available? their wheelsets have made the “dirt 100” this year. I think after checking them out superstar are pretty good.

sambob
    Free Member

Are SLX or XT front hubs cnveertable to 15 or 20mm thru-axles?

Clobber
    Free Member

on one have some mega wheel bargains on at the mo…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’d go for slight 2nd Pro II on some lightish rims. The advantage with Pro II is that they can be converted (front and rear) to most hub standards for future builds and component swaps. It might not seem such an issue now, but it’s forward thinking to saving money and hassle on future frames and fork changes. Also, they are popular, so keep their value.

sambob
    Free Member

I was thinking about Pro2, but the freehub gouging issue puts me off. I will probably get pro2 front though.

bigjim

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/which-wheels-yay

snap!

The Fulcrums at one I was looking at are centrelock and the cost of two 6 bolt adapters kinda makes it not worth it for me.

Euro
    Free Member

Plenty of bargains here.

I can personally vouch for the Tech2 EVO AM/Enduro 135 Switch Wheelset as I bought a similar set last year (on promotion for £100). I stuck them on my miniDH bike and they are still going strong despite suffering loads of jumping and dh abuse.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Which wheels? (sorry)’ is closed to new replies.