Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which Welsh trail centre(s) for a 2 day trip?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

Just after people’s opinions on the various Welsh centres really, and how could combine 2 or 3 of these for a 2 day trip…

thepodge
    Free Member

i’ve only done teh Wall at Afan but i liked it a lot and there are a couple of other runs in and around that area plus its 30 seconds from Swansea

nickjb
    Free Member

Where are you coming from? Afan easily has enough for two days, great trails and simple access from the M4.

steveh

North Wales – Llandegla, Marin and Penmachno
    South Wales – Afan and Brechfa (a ball ache to get to but well worth it)

orena45

A few of us did a two-dayer last weekend, (coming from the East Mids) we did Llandegla on Saturday then carried on and stayed overnight in Betws-Y-Coed before doing Penmachno on Sunday. Was a top weekend’s riding for all I think 🙂

devs
    Free Member

CyB, ClimachX and Nant y Arian.

shinsplints

Go to Betws – Do CYB on the Saturday then the Marin & Penmachno on the Sunday,should be plenty to keep you amused.

sofatester
    Free Member

If you go to Llandegla remember to throw lots of litter on the ground, leave inner tubes on gates and ride it the wrong way.

chakaping
    Free Member

This would be a great couple of days’ riding in N Wales…

Day one: CyB (Beast and then Tawr if up to it)
    Day two: Cli-Machx, then on to Penmachno (both loops in one ride)

Would be just as good with Nant instead of Penmachno.

nicko74

Afan has enough trails for a day and a half, I reckon (Wall, Penhydd, White’s Level), and then CwmCarn isn’t far away, either – probably under an hour from there. Swansea or Bristol is a good place to stay overnight

MussEd
    Free Member

Okay, thanks so far. If I say we’d be travelling from SE Scotland what you recommend? Are the South Wales centres better? Or is there enough up in the North to keep us occupied?

And yes we are aware of great riding closer to hand – just fancy a wee jaunt…

heihei

Get a map – much better stuff outside the trail centres (IMHO of course :D)

foxyrider
    Free Member

Stay at bryn bettws cabins (on the trails itself – were going up there soon – you will struggle to do all 4 major trails in 2 days – you can stay fri,sat and sunday evenings – works out quite cheap if there are 4 of you?

pimpmyride
    Free Member

My idea of the perfect 2 days riding would be…

Day one: CyB Beast and then Tawr, amazing trails!
    Day two: Without a doubt the Continental at Nant y Arian visitors centre seriously good ride 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I would choose Brechfa over Afan or CyB any day of the week. Easily.

Not done Climach or NyA tho.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which Welsh trail centre(s) for a 2 day trip?’ is closed to new replies.