Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • which welsh trail centre other than afan ???
  • renton
    Free Member

we are off to wales riding on saturday and was thinking of doing a different trail other than afan??

what would you recommend ??

we are based in worcester so afan is closest but we dont mind going just a little bit further!!

cheers

steve

sc-xc

I like Penmachno the best…

coatesy
    Free Member

Not sure which route you'd take, but if using the M4 then you'll pass Cwmcarn. Not a huge ride, but it's different to Afan.

KonaTC

Brefca about an hour passed Afan is worth a look

RichPenny
    Free Member

Brechfa, even the green and blue are ace.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Wales trail centre info

Nant yr Arian is worth the trek

check out this website for info

RichPenny
    Free Member

Actually, what about the gap route, surely it doesn't have to be a trail centre? Not done it myself but it's supposed to be good, and the scenery round there is amazing.

coatesy
    Free Member

Love Nant y arian too, problem is it'll be underwater after the weather we had this week, went there during the dry spell last year and nearly drowned in some of the puddles:)

Kevevs
    Free Member

Did Penmachno today, was great! goes on for ages if you include loop2 and get lost as I did. Marin Trail is just a few miles away. I tried to do that as well this afternoon, but was knackered, so bailed mid way and went to the chippy and ice cream shop in Betws 😛

Bit out of your way perhaps.

Lemurian
    Free Member

I thought Machynlleth was great fun when I went there, especially the final descent.

iolo
    Free Member

Maybe its me but I think Penmachno is over rated. I know many rave about it but there's many a trail in the area that's as good or better. And yes, I know the area well as I'm a local.

Ti29er
    Free Member

+1 Penmachno.
    CDB if you want a weekend's riding all in one place, similar to Afan, but different!
    Snowdon on the doorstep. Marin too if you're really bored!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘which welsh trail centre other than afan ???’ is closed to new replies.