Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which Welsh trail centre?
  • deviant
    Free Member

Got a couple of days off in the week next week and fancy trying one of these, looking for decent singletrack and exciting downhill sections, happy to grind my way to the top in order to get this although a nice loop taking in everything would be ideal obviously.
    South Wales preferably as I’m coming up from the south east, no uplift type centre like BPW or Antur as I have those booked later on in the month anyway.
    Cheers.

saxabar
    Free Member

I was in Afan a few weeks ago and had a run around W2 (The Wall/Whites Level). I used to live in Cardiff so an old haunt, but my what fun!

chillidave
    Free Member

I asked the same question a month or so ago and rather than South Wales Forest of Dean was recommended. It’s quite a bit closer and I had a great time.

nickjb
    Free Member

Maybe a day at Cwmcarn and a day at FoD, or there’s more than enough for a couple of days at Afan. TBH they are all good.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Agree FoD, Cwm Carn Afan. Blade and W2 at Afan great combo and my favourite.. FoD enduro track is a much unused gem, unmarked but gpx. You can explore further to find more single track all user made. DH is fun too

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Cwm Rhyadder, small but perfectly formed, takes about 20 minutes to do a lap, but possibly the most fun 20* minutes of trail in the UK?

Brechfa is good fun too, especialy the last sections of the blue over the car park, 6″ wide singletrack, at warp speed with some pretty big jumps/drops if you’re brave and let off the brakes.

*Ok, 15 min is the fireroad climb to the top, but the other 5 min makes up for it

philwarren11
    Free Member

Cafall and Twrch at Cwmcarn on your way down.

Stay somewhere, drive to Blaengarw, do two laps or however long you feel (short trail, good as a warm up), then ride Blade at Afan and go drive up to The Wall bike park for a play around and do the addtional loop.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which Welsh trail centre?’ is closed to new replies.