Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which Welsh Trail Centre?
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Next week I’ll be travelling down to Tregaron from the Scottish borders and would like to spend a day at a trail centre on the way down. I like fast red or black trails with a more natural feel to them and it would be useful if there was a camp site nearby too.

Machynlleth looks like amazing fun but what are the others like north of there?

Thanks.

loddrik
    Free Member

CyB good, a few trails to try. Penmachno excellent, only one trail but it’s a cracker!

Llandegla is good for a blast but it’s not got much of a natural feel and it’s best to avoid weekends. Marin OK in an oldskool type of way.

Nant Yr Arian prob got the most natural ‘out there’ feel.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Penmachno.

Northwind

I loved the Beast at CYB, Penmachno was ace as well, actually so was Climachx and Nant yr Arian, but it’s the Beast that I’m dying to ride again. I just like big piles of rocks!

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ve heard the Marin Trail is meant to be good. The Beast with big piles of rocks sounds appealing too!

ampthill

I’ll vote for Penmachno as well, although I haven’t dome them all

I think it scores highly on the natural feel

Also its just a path in a wood. No cafe or bike shop. Thats not good or bad just different

ChrisL

If you’re doing the Beast, study the map before heading out in order to avoid a big pointless fire road loop.

Nant yr Arian is my favourite, lovely flowy trails and if you want a long ride there’s a big semi-natural feeling loop too. Coed y Brenin is great and has loads of rocks. Penmachno is very good too and has a more mellow feel, more traditional XC than some of the others maybe. Cli-MachX at Machynlleth isn’t long but has a great finish. It’s been too long since I last rode at Betws y Coed for me to comment. Llandegla seemed like a slightly poor pastiche of the red at Glentress and was a bit of a disappointment.

Andituk
    Free Member

Penmachno is great, bit more natural feeling, lots of singletrack. No facilities whatseoever though.

Northwind

Nant yr Arian has my favourite climb anywhere. Also my least favourite.

MikeWW
    Free Member

Another vote for Nant yr Arian

walla24
    Free Member

mach is great, the cli-machx final descent is lush.
    nant for a good afternoon ride though…avec cafe

Tiger6791

I think the problem is, there isn’t a duff one. All slightly different but all very good in their own way.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Nant yr Arian is lovely. Good flowy bits and nice out of the woods bits, just lovely.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Nanty = A*

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

😀 😀 😀 Loving the above comments, as I’m about to move to Aberystwyth in 3 weeks time!!!!! Sweeeeeet…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which Welsh Trail Centre?’ is closed to new replies.