Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • which way north?
  • Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I have got to go to the Lakes tonight from the midlands (Leicester to be exact)

Which way would you go currently due to roadworks, traffic, flooding etc. or is it like asking if you’d rather be shot or stabbed?

Usually i’d opt for M1/A50/M6 but I’m toying with A46/A1 towards Richmond then over.

What say you Singletrack massive.

jekkyl

The route that gets you there quickest. A50 never has coppers or cameras on, get thy foot down. There was horrible works on the M1 north of junc 25 all the way to sheffield slowing traffic down to 50mph but not sure it’s still in operation. They’re building another lane so I would guess yes.

martinhutch

There is a tiny bit of snow in the forecast for northern England tonight. I wouldn’t want to include any route which involved the A66 through Brough. A59 is shut just past Harrogate.

M1 A50 M6 keeping an eye on the traffic reports would be my choice.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

How many more times …..

You will not find an OK Diner on the M1/M6 …. 😀

Where as, joining the A1 from the A6 you’ll find one straight way

Enjoy … make sure you have a milk shake

martinhutch

There’s no roadside sex shops on the M6 either.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

O-kay…

Sex shops I can probably do without if I’m honest, somewhere to eat might be good.

Thanks all, leaving now.

vincienup
    Free Member

The M1 of an evening is my very least favourite road at this time.

I’m just sick of the detours around places near Wakefield due to closed sections of motorway which when taken with the miles of roadworks turn a 90-odd minute journey at legal speeds into 2.5-3 hours fairly regularly.

The A1 without question is my preference in the northerly direction – and I have to go a few miles south to the M18 to pick it up.

scandal42
    Free Member

Avoid M1 from Leicester is the only bit of advice I have.

That **** variable speed limit has been ruining all of my trips to the peak district for months on end.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘which way north?’ is closed to new replies.