• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by IA.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • which way is the best way to sell your bike ?
  • bi6al
    Free Member

as title what do you find the best way to sell, i have recently purchased another bike and have no need for as many bikes ,is it best to split the bike down to the frame forks etc and sell as parts rather than complete? .what are your recent experiences ? and what do you find the best way ? many thanks in advance alan.

Junkyard
    Free Member

more money splitting but more hassle and you might not sell everything

BillMC

Beware of the costs of selling on eBay, they are considerable.

bruneep

Be prepared to box it up and post it.

as said could get more splitting but more trips to the PO.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Price it right and it will sell

atlaz
    Free Member

I sold mine complete. The split would have got me maybe 15% more but honestly, it wasn’t worth the time and effort so I put it on a few sites and a bloke came a couple of days later and bought it cash.

GJP
    Free Member

Also put together a good advert with a few decent pics. Detail the full specification by each component, age and condition etc.

Learn how to post pics on here it is simple when you know how.

I am amazed by the number of people on here to try and sell something for several hundred or even over a grand with nothing but a two line advert.

And please don’t forget to include the frame size.

bi6al
    Free Member

BillMC – Member
    Beware of the costs of selling on eBay, they are considerable.

sold my hybrid on ebay a few months ago and for the pleasure it cost me about £35 with all the fees , going to try and avoid ebay.
    will post on here for sale when new one arrives as you have more contact with the buyer here than ebay, was going to try it on gumtree and pink bike.

gordimhor

What bigal said +photo +be prepared to pack and post at the buyers cost i bought on stw but buying on ebay isa pain

IA

As above really. Even if selling complete, be prepared to split if you get a good offer for big chunks of it though.

TBH I generally offer mates first refusal at good prices before selling elsewhere. I’d rather sell for less and do a mate a favour than get top dollar for kit.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘which way is the best way to sell your bike ?’ is closed to new replies.