Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Which way around?
  • paulrockliffe
    Free Member

From Langdale – Up Rossett Gill, through and down to Sty Head and then Rosthwaite, then up again and down Stake Pass back into Langdale. Or the otherway round?

Thoughts?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Or go over Glaramara?

anc
    Free Member

Yes paul that's the way to go imo, esk hause to sprinkling then styhead to stockley bridge is awesome. Langstraths quite a good ride up the valley, techy in places and the carry up stake is fine. Have fun 😀

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

LOL! Which is it, I gave you three options? Going to check the map again to see if I can work out what you mean……

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

OK, you were agreeing with my first option. Cool.

anc
    Free Member

Hehehe!! Another option that we use more is to tag the route onto the Borrowdale Bash(but this misses Rossett which I guess your after checking out). We go first half of the Bash to Rosthwaite then down Langstath up Stakes across to Angle Tarn(on the obvious path) then sprinkling, styhead, seathwaite, up onto the Bash for the last half and back to Keswick. Takes about 5 hrs and you get more actual biking and less hike a bike than the other route. You could obviously add in langdale on this route if you have the time. 😉

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Right, yes I see! Sorry, which way round do you think I was going? Am I not going up Rossett and then down Stakes Gill? Just plotted it on the map and was thinking more = better!

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Right at Stake Pass then down Rossett Gill?

D0NK

ANC, in your Borrowdale add on you go up Stake Pass then cut right and straight to angle tarn down the FP skipping rosset?

anc
    Free Member

Paul

Yep from stake go right across to Angle tarn then drop into rossett ghyll into langdale then either carry back up Rossett or Stake and back onto the route. So either a in and out or bit of a loop.

anc
    Free Member

ANC, in your Borrowdale add on you go up Stake Pass then cut right and straight to angle tarn down the FP skipping rosset?

Yep 😉

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Ok, is it worth heading onto Great Gable anyone know?

anc
    Free Member

I'd say not, folk have been up see the link below(January 11, 2007), but I seem to remember they didn't ride a fair bit of the descent.

http://sebrogers.typepad.com/seb_rogers_blog/from_the_archives/

you could carry onto Green Gable and ride off there no trouble at all in various directions. Trouble is you'll then miss the descent from styhead which is the best bit especially the last bit into Stockley Bridge.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Ok cheers. We're going to do that loop as in my first post, but will aim to push up onto some other summits along the way, then ride back to the loop, so could potentially try Aaron Slack (cool name) onto Green Gable. And then on the way back a cheeky little trip up onto High Raise and The Langdale Pikes before carrying on to Rossett Gill.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Anyone done Easdale Gill from Greenup Edge?, thne back up easdale Tarn towards High Raise?

freeridenick
    Free Member

Paul, have you done this yet? going back this weekend to try my loop the other way around (IE up Rosset and down stakes). did you tag any summits along the way?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Which way around?’ is closed to new replies.