Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Which waterproof shorts?
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve used Gore paclite shorts for commuting on the bike on wet days for a good few years. Been commuting by bike for 10 years and I’m only on my second pair, although they could do with being replaced now.

They’re a nice slim fit.

benpinnick

Ah well, the Agent’s have been discontinued and no-where has stock

Id be surpised at that – the Agents are brand new out (2 months maybe?).

The bigger problem is likely Silverfish’s stocking policy which is basically if a shop doesnt pre-order, yu cant get them. Its a bit mental TBH.

If you want some Agents, I have a few sets left in SM/L & XL IIRC from our team order.

FWIW they arent the longest no, but riding the sit right to the just before the tip of my kneecap, which is perfect for pads, if maybe 5-10mm shorter than Id like on the leg without pads.

iainc

I have found the Altura Attacks and MT500 Spray ones good, but don’t tend to get much more than 1 or at most 2 winters out of them.

For less than 1/3 of the cost, the tenn ones are pretty decent and seem to last a winter anyway :

these ones

at £22.50 delivered they are almost consumables 🙂 A few on here have them and seem to find them good value.

poah
    Free Member

been using endura MT500 II, very waterproof and breathable. wearing well so far

Painey
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking about getting some of the Endura MT50 3/4s. I kind of like the idea of something a little longer to keep my legs warmer than standard shorts.

I have read the odd dodgy review about them though (before looking at this thread) so wondering if there are any other long/thick shorts worth considering?

bonesetter
    Free Member

The protective scar tissue build-up around my knees means I don’t need to wear pads, and prefer longer for coverage of said scars

Still looking…

The Endura 360’s I ran last winter were ok’ish but thin, no features and no belt loops so kept sliding down

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

ben how much will you be wanting for the XL’s might be interested esp. after last nights ride..

martinhutch

This is timely given that my MT500s split all the way along the barse seam this lunchtime. I only bent over to re-tie my shoelaces! 😀

I think I’ve had three winters out of them, give or take. Don’t know if that’s a reasonable lifespan. They’ve had a hard life though.

Has anyone tried the Madison Addict softshell ones – interested in how quickly they wet out.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Thought i’d update on this and give credit were due, after complaining to endura about out the arse wearing out of my MT500’S after 3 months, then saying they never turned up at Endura for inspection after 4 weeks I just gave up thinking they were lost in the post somewhere,a delivery just popped through the door from Endura, new pair of MT500’s,I had already bought a new pair but wasnt happy about giving them more money, took them back, got money back and bought a pair of Tenn to try out but Kudos to Endura, well happy 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Which waterproof shorts?’ is closed to new replies.