Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which waterproof rear light?
  • robarnold
    Free Member

I remember seeing a thread about this a few weeks back but can't find it now on the search function for love nor money.

So what's good in your experience? I've got a cateye 3 LED now and it only needs for it to be a mildly humid day before the switch packs in and it starts playing silly beggars. It's currently sitting on my radiator next to me scrolling through its' various functions all of it's own accord…ACE I need something that is going to function in shite conditions, needs to be small also so it can sit on my road bike seat post and not catch on my legs as I pedal. A belt clip for securing on my Camelbak when night riding is also a must.

Am I asking too much?

Cheers

crispybacon
    Free Member

I've got one of these Smart 1/2 Watt rear light & it's VERY bright & so far waterproof.

robarnold
    Free Member

Cheers for that CB, may well give that a try.

Anyone else??

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SandyThePig
    Free Member

I have a blackburn mars 3.0, and its pretty bright. To change the batteries you need one of those mini screwdrivers. Maybe the mars 4.0 fixes this?

BadlyWiredDog

I've had waterproofing issues with the Mars 3.0, I'm not saying that they all leak, but mine does. I ended up sealing the switch area with silicone gunk.

trio25
    Free Member

My smart 1/2 watt had issues in the rain. I think sometimes it is just luck?

DezB
    Free Member

The Blackburn Mars3 is supposed to be waterproof. Blackburn have a lifetime warranty. Mine played up after a very wet day, so I sent it back to Wiggle and got a new one.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

My backupz (?) rear light doesn't seem to mind being covered in crap but then it's not really a 'proper' light in the sense that the Cateyes and Blackburns are.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which waterproof rear light?’ is closed to new replies.