Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which waterproof jacket??
  • keefus
    Free Member

My Endura eVent jacket is getting on in years so I’ve decided to buy another but cant decide which one to get. Its down to either an Endura Stealth or the Endura Venturi eVent. Will the STW massive give me the benefit of their vast knowledge and experience to help me choose? Tell me if you can the good and the bad in these two jackets.
    Many thanks in anticipation.

sambob
    Free Member

I think the Stealth is the more tough version, probably a fair bit hotter, but good for winter grim-ness. Venturi is a bit lighter and more breathable I think.

Junkyard
    Free Member

stealth is superb and just perfect but it does need to be cold or you will be pretty hot in it. It is certainly not for year round use and mine gets the least use of all my waterproofs
    It is absolutely waterproof, pretty tough and breathable though ….but rather warm
    You cannot really swap it for an eVent as it is nothing like that sort of waterproof [ ie not like just putting a cagoule on over your clothes, I have an event as well.
    No knowledge of the other jacket

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Lummox

My stealth is pretty rubbish, it is old but has been washed/ cared for as directed. The problem is the jacket just gradually gets sodden, then you get cold.

I’d advise looking at the karrimor event jacket at field and trek, I got one the other day posted for under a ton and I’m very pleased with it. Event is in my opinion a far better fabric to care for after purchase.

tinribz
    Free Member

Muddyfox Cycling Jacket Mens

Big, waterproof, windproof, warm, light & packs down small.

£12.99 @ sportsdirect.

Edit – they only have tangerine left in stock.

transapp
    Free Member

Although it’s neither of your options, I really rate my Altura Attack eVent jacket. It’s done me really well, not too hot (although any waterproof will be a bit boil in the bag) and tough to boot.
    I have had an issue with attack trousers ‘crinkling’ after washing, but no issues with the jacket.

Stigheed

I have an Altura Attack as well as a Marmot Mica (not a specific bike jacket but very good). the Marmot is great, very light, very waterproof and breathable and packs down to a small size. It’s cheap too (£80). The Altura is also good but not a light or breathable.

DT78
    Free Member

My next jacket will be from Gore…

Jamesy
    Free Member

I have a mavic sprint jacket thats to small for me size medium , with tag still on £40 posted

boxfish
    Free Member

The Stealth is great to start with but, as Lummox says, once it loses it’s DWR, it’s just a sponge and no amount of reproofing has worked. I’ve always diligently followed cleaning instructions too. The Venturi eVent jacket is not bad. I’ve had one for just under a year and it’s wearing pretty well. I find it quite warm (but not as warm as the Stealth).

To be honest though, I recently picked up a Rab Demand eVent smock and that’s my jacket of choice. Less bulky when on, lightweight and packs down small. linky

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which waterproof jacket??’ is closed to new replies.