Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which used 80mm forks for a trail bike with £100 budget?
  • wilbo
    Free Member

I have been restoring a Scott Tacana, from the late 90s / early 00s, that was quite neglected. Next on the list are some forks as the current Manitou Spyder-R’s have had it. As I have a Scott Scale for XC duties, I have set the Tacana up to be a decent trail bike.

What 80mm forks would you recommend, ideally on a budget of £100 maximum? Have been browsing on ebay mainly. They will also need to have v brake mounts as I am running Magura HS33’s which I would like to keep.

z1ppy

Pre-power bulge Reba’s (say 2009 or earlier) have v-brake mounts and can be spaced down to 80mm or even lower.. should be able to find some within that budget & they’ll actually be a good fork too, pop a WTD on the classifieds.

mark90
    Free Member

Some Marzocchi bombers of that vintage is the obvious choice.

<spam>I have some Fox F80 RLT with v brake mounts (missing the actual posts) that I no longer have a use/bike/home for which would be in budget</spam>

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wilbo
    Free Member

I was tempted by some old Bomber Z1’s but I seem to remember them being known for being quite heavy. All the reba’s I have seen on ebay are disc only so will continue to keep a look out for some with v brake mounts.

phil56

Wilbo,
    I have two sets of Manitou forks from this era – a set of red SX carbons (incredibly light) and a set of yellow SXTIs. They are both in excellent condition and ready to use, both are V brake only.

If either of these interest you let me know and I’ll take pictures etc – well within your budget

eshershore
    Free Member

CRC are doing manitou forks brand new on sale for £120-150 but disc brake only, not sure if that’s any use?

iain1775
    Free Member

I’ve some old Fox F80’s here v or disc
    In need of a service and one leg has started leaking oil last week so seals etc as well but if your local(ish) and I don’t have to post, and so you can see what your getting before committing I would do them very cheap
    Prob not worth posting, cost more than they are worth

AlexSimon

I’ve loved my Fox F80s – as there are two offered in this thread, I would go that route.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

what color is the scott – I have some metallic green V2 bombers (with the big metal brace) with matching 110mm Danny stem that would be nice and retro if the scott is the right color.

Here they are, with HS33s, on an Explosif :

wilbo
    Free Member

TurneyGuy, the bike is white, orange and a purple / grey, so I was hoping for some white or orange folks ideally, or potentially black.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which used 80mm forks for a trail bike with £100 budget?’ is closed to new replies.