Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which ultra-bright under saddle rear LED?
  • enfht
    Free Member

Needs to be very bright and mount under the saddle (not the seatpost)

Thanks

TiRed

Cateye Rapid 1 on a Cateye RM-1 seat rail mounting. Other Cateye lights are available, but the Rapid X does not yet fit. If you have a Fi’zi:k saddle, then there is a Cateye-specific mounting for such saddles which is lighter and much neater. Comes with a Rapid 3 light

This for a TT bike?

ahwiles
    Free Member

…Needs to be very bright…

no, it doesn’t.

having said that, the moon comet wouldn’t be out of place on your list.

enfht
    Free Member

Not for TT no but with the recent addition of a dropper post I can no longer mount either of my existing LED’s.

Funny you say TT as I’ve seen a few trials riders lately use some very very bright LEDS 😆

theflatboy
    Free Member

I have had one of these for years – seems pretty faultless.

Edit – I can’t read…

TiRed

The Cateye RM-1 bracket is excellent, but add a drop of locktight to the very small bolts. It is then fit and forget. I’ve recommended them to plenty of testers in our club, and fitted to a folding bike which has the droppiest of dropper posts! I also like the fact that their brackets are universal, so I can switch any light to multiple bikes, and positions – including the kids bikes.

I wasn’t aware of the Moon bracket, but the comet is a very good light – in fact is is really very similar to the Rapid X. Now if it would fit the Cateye brackets, I may buy one myself.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I have an exposure tracer on a saddle rail mount. First tracer died in the rain but the second has been faultless. Very bright and usb rechargeable.

You do need a good 1/2″ or more of rail showing at the back of the reverb clamp for the mount to have enough room to sit on.

I did have an exposure flare prior to the tracer which was just a bright that I managed to loose somewhere at home (still blame the kids/wife/cat), just as bright but a faff with batteries compared to the tracer. The flare will also mount onto/into the saddle rail mount the same as the tracer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which ultra-bright under saddle rear LED?’ is closed to new replies.