Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • which tubes for 43mm deep carbon clinchers
  • turneround

anyone got any suggestions apart from "ones with longs valves"!!

firestarter
    Free Member

ive used schwalbe ones and spesh ones before with a 60mm stem if that enough that or a valve extender maybe ?

onandon
    Free Member

i use regular short stems but with topeak extenders.

they allow you to open and close the valve so once pumped up i removed them and take one with me in case i get a flat.

GJP
    Free Member

Bontrager make some in 60 and 80mm valves but they are quite expensive ie close on £6.

firestarter
    Free Member

i got my spesh 60mm ones here http://www.cycle-promotions.co.uk/ 3 for a fiver iirc

aracer
    Free Member

If you want something light (not sure if that's the case), then I use Michelin Aircomp Ultralight with a 52mm valve with my 38mm rims, which work fine. Have a fair amount of valve poking out with those, so you may also be OK with 5mm deeper rims – otherwise they also do a 60mm version. Given the ready availability of tubes with long valves (I've also got Specialized and Conti spares), I really can't understand why you'd want to have the hassle of using extenders for rims that deep.

Had my first puncture on one today, but it was a snakebite (my first ever snakebite on road in 25 odd years of riding bikes on road) when I hit a big stone, which would probably have done for any tube.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘which tubes for 43mm deep carbon clinchers’ is closed to new replies.