Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which tubeless repair kit?
  • TheGhost
    Free Member

Having run tubless for the last 4 years with out a puncture I figure it’s about time I aquired a repair kit just in case. I’ve been carrying strips of of t shirt to jam in any holes after reading about repairs on some forums when I first started with tubeless but I have no idea if it would work.

So what’s the kit of choice?

Dynaplug looks very pricey.

ajantom

Weldtite kit is all you need.

Garry_Lager

I have the weldtite one which is cheap – think I’ve seen it generally recommended on here, but the one time I needed it on the trail it didn’t actually work, so mixed experiences for me.

Mending a punctured tyre with a bit of T-shirt is a bodge I’d like to see 🙂 I generally don’t bother with a repair kit on the trail, just carry an inner tube, but will take one for the B+ bike – decent amount of sealant in them and the tyres can be a bit of a wrestling match to remove, so best avoided if poss.

ajantom

Why didn’t it work? I always have a strip pre-loaded in the pronged tool. Only had to use it once, but it worked fine that time.

Garry_Lager

Guess the hole was a tiny bit too big – maybe two strips might have worked, don’t know if that can be done for larger holes? Binned the tyre off in any case as they were too fragile.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Weldtite kit is ok. It’s a bit of a faff if you are in a hurry. I have just got a Dynaplug – the cheaper plastic ones they do now for that reason.

BadlyWiredDog

+1 for the Genuine Innovations anchovies for trail repairs that’ll get you home then keep on working. No messing about with glue, just ram into the hole, snip and go.

For patching bigger rips retrospectively – just use a tube plus a gel wrapper or Park Tools tyre boot to get you home, one of the tubeless patch kits from the likes of Weldite. They come complete with cement/glue and a heavier than normal patch.

Sidewall tears are tougher to fix reliably ime, but it can be done sometimes.

Haze

Used my Dynaplug once, plugged two holes with it and Stans just above sealed a third…enough to crawl home quicker than walking anyway.

Very impressed with the Dynaplug.

Northwind

Weldtite kit is good, and yes you can double up worms for bigger holes. Wish you could buy refills though (car ones are thicker)

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve used the weldtite one many times and it’s worked as intended. Buy extra worms from eBay for not much.

Also treated myself to a dynaplug mega but not had to use that in anger yet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which tubeless repair kit?’ is closed to new replies.