Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Which trail shorts? Anyone wearing Madison ??
  • bomberman
    Free Member

After discovering my old ones no longer fit properly, i’m after some new shorts for spring /summer. I only ride trails in the Peak District and i prefer shorts to 3/4 length. The ones i have at the moment are Fox padded but they get quite hot and sweaty in warmer weather so something padded but not padding overkill would be good.

I quite like the look of Madison range, especially the Zenith but i can’t see any evidence that there’s anything in the way of padding? Madison webite refers to a “chamois” in the description for the Flux Deluxe and the Flux 88 but nothing for the Zenith….

All suggestions welcome

mc2
    Free Member

No padding in Zeniths.

funkhouser
    Free Member

Got 2 pairs of the zeniths. Best shorts I’ve ever had. No padding granted but I wear my bibs.

fathomer

I’ve got the Addict’s and so far they’ve been ace, worn most weekends since before Christmas and are holding up well. They have a waterproof seat, but no padding.

I’ve got a pair of Zeniths (in blue), like above no padding but I’ve not worn them yet so can’t comment.

ricky1
    Free Member

My mate got some cheap Madison’s,well they were suppose to be £70 and their dandy,would have got some myself but they didn’t have my size,Hess made up with them.

legend
    Free Member

Zeniths are good. No padding, no lining of any description so good for summer or layering up underneath

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Fair few of us using zeniths. GREAT shorts

iain1775
    Free Member

Get a pair free with an mbuk subscription at the mo

bomberman
    Free Member

Cheers guys, i’m even more tempted by the Zenith now. If i find i need more padding is there anything i can do? Is there a product that’s similar to a bib that has built in padding but without the top half? Like, dare i say it, “padded undies”?…

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Millions of such product

slowoldman

You mean something like bib shorts but without the bib? Hmm, I wonder.

kendo954
    Free Member

Those madison shorts, how do they size up?

Normally wear Humvee & singletrack endura shorts..

fathomer

Sizing seems pretty acurate, I’m a 32-33″ waist and a medium fits well. I’ve got a large pair of Humvee’s which are a decent fit as well, but I prefer the fit of the Madison’s.

bomberman
    Free Member

Kendo i’ve got some endura singletrack (also too small now) so i’d be interested in how the Madison size up. Hoping to lose some weight off my gut so i’m tempted not to go up a size – if they came up slightly larger then that’d be a win! Or if they were stretchy or something.

Jaffejoffer says there are millions of such products (the “padded undies”) but i have no idea what to search for. Bib shorts without the bib = shorts. Anyone care to link me up? Or throw some google search terms at me?

Cheers

doubledunter
    Free Member

Zeniths £38 from Freeborn at the minute, bought a pair this morning..

AlexSimon

Are Zeniths long enough to cover the top of knee pads?

coogan
    Free Member

I was just going to ask the same thing about knee pads. They look pretty cool shorts.

eskimonumber1

I have the Addicts and I have to say that my only (slight) complaint is that they are on the short side, so don’t cover the tops of my pads.

slowoldman

The “cover the top of knee pads” thing. Is that a practical or merely sartorial issue?

AlexSimon

The “cover the top of knee pads” thing. Is that a practical or merely sartorial issue?

Both. It’s annoying when the shorts tuck up above the pads and flick it every pedal revolution.
    Plus views of pastey white flesh above the pad look very wrong 🙂

rhid

Has anyone got a link to the Frre Zenith Shorts with MBUK subscription?

bomberman
    Free Member

They’re out of stock at freeborn but they took my money anyway and I won’t see it back for another 5 working days which is awesome. So no new shorts for me until after Easter.

tops5
    Free Member

I’ve got some – don’t know what model (green ones) cheap and far better than the Endura ones i got around the same time – now binned

kcal

Have been looking at shorts anyway – on back of this thread (and them having tried some) LBS are going to get in several Madison shorts for me to peruse.. excellent.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I got these: http://www.intrepidapparel.co.uk/mission-shorts-green

They are very nice. Bit pricey, but I got them at 50% off

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Which trail shorts? Anyone wearing Madison ??’ is closed to new replies.