Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Which Suspension seatpost?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

For a HT to do Transwales.

27.2mm seatpost diam.

Any recommendations?

simonlovell999
    Free Member

The USE XCR is good or the Cane Creek Thudbuster is better. Both available in 27.2 or shimed

foxyrider
    Free Member

Do you think its would make a difference as had considered in a previous post to build a cheap 100-120mm FS for it?

keavo
    Free Member

the thudbuster will make a great deal of difference.

porter_jamie

i have a thudbuster. it is brill.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

another vote for a thudbuster

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cool – Maybe I’ll save up – I just think 7 x 70 Km and my arse will be pummeled

Which one – LT or ST (3″ ot 1.3.”) ?

Cheers guys 🙂

Brainflex

I have used USE posts for years on my hardtails. Simple, easy to service and work well. I would say get the long travel version of whatever you get.

trickydisco
    Free Member

+1 for USE XCR.

I had this dilemma last year a few weeks before doing the kielder on my very hard scadnium voodoo.

I opted for the USE as the design allows movement vertically whereas the cane creek one moves backwards and down.

keavo
    Free Member

probably lt. you won’t be getting 3″, it will mostly feel like a gentle rocking backwards/forwards.
    the lt has quite a lot of setback which you might want to check on. also, it has a bit more setback than stated because it will ‘sag’ backwards a touch when you sit on it.

tommid
    Free Member

I have an XCR in the Carbon Sumo variety. Its doesn’t have the travel of the thud buster, but it takes the sting out of your arse and back. I have had mine on my SS for about 4 years and it has never caused the slighhtest issue. Well worth the money on a HT.

snowpaul
    Free Member

thudbuster – awesome

i do a lot of long distance riding in mid wales / lakes on rocky trails – it works superb and is easy to strip down

paul

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

With a USE you need to ensure that your saddle is pretty much centrally mounted on your post – if you have it slid forward or back then it won’t work very well.

Other than that they work well – have had two XCRs and also an SX on the commuter.

foxyrider
    Free Member

wow – cheers guys – than ks for the info 🙂

tandemwarriors

Have got a barely used USE shockpost with 27.2mm shim in the garage.
    Email in profile if you want pics.
    Cheers Rob

granny_ring

YGM

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cheers for the offers – Think I like the Cane Creek concept – but I need to save some money first for anything 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Which Suspension seatpost?’ is closed to new replies.