Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which Superstar pads?
  • dannybgoode

So, assuming I can’t uncontaminate my brake pads which Superstar pads d I go for?

The Kevlar or Sintered or Organic?

Know naff all about pads so any pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers

Danny B

getonyourbike
    Free Member

NOTE- If you’ve got Avid X0 Trails then SS’s Kevlar pads don’t even fit in the calliper.

hmanchester
    Free Member

In the summer I’d stick some kevlar ones in if it were me.

Good combo of longevity and stopping niceness. Also being and inbetween kind of thing it takes the thinking out of it.

Others may disagree and probably will do!

jairaj

organic – best grip but will wear quickly especially in wet gritty conditions. (have read stories of people going through a set on one ride)

Sintered – not as much bite as organic but much harder wearing.

Kevlar – in between both for bite and wear.

I go for Kevlar all year round, nice and easy that way. My local trails are around Woburn which is very sandy and gritty and they have lasted well. plus the 4 pack is such a bargain doesn’t really bother me if they wear slightly faster than the sintered pads

binners

Another vote for the Kevlars for’t summer. Buy a job lot!

Northwind

Kevlar is the allrounder… Wears very fast in some very gritty mud though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What brake?
    Organic for light wear max braking, sintered for wet weather.

I tried SS but now back with OEM just better (hope if it’s avid then the brakes are crap from day 1 so whatever you put in wont matter)

Pridds

Uberbike ones were way better than the superstar ones i had and about the same price. Sintered ones were great and last for ages but just got a set of their race matrix ones to try

patriotpro
    Free Member

Sintered, always sintered.

Northwind

Pridds, comparing my Uberbike and Superstar kevlar and sintered ones I’d bet money they’re the same pads

Pridds

May well be but superstar are a right shower and so prefer to use anyone else tbh. Based on my own experiences of superstar sintered compared to uberbike ones, I much preferred the uberbike ones, better stopping and less squealing.

zerocool

Organic or Kevlar. If you have their sintered pads everyone in the country will hear you braking. They are rather noisy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which Superstar pads?’ is closed to new replies.