Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Which superhero power – Flying or invisibility?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Following on from the ‘This American life’ podcast on my commute this morning, which one would you choose?.

Flying for me.

edd

Flying

willard

Yeah, me too. Invisibility would be good for the occasional thing, but flying would make my commute easier and more fun.

chakaping
    Free Member

Surely you’d need both?

Otherwise everyone would get freaked out and you’d probably get shot.

ChrisL

Flying. Many real world applications for invisibility would be creepy.

molgrips
    Free Member

Flying would need other powers though. To fly at any kind of speed and/or altitude you’d need to be pretty cold resistant.

OTOH if you could fly, would you ever ride anywhere?

I might take my bike to Cwmcarn just to see people’s faces* when I hit a jump on the DH course and just sail off into the sky.

* of course seeing their faces would require an accomplice with a video camera.

rene59
    Free Member

but flying would make my commute easier and more fun.

Yes, but if you were invisible you could skive off work! How would anyone know? 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

flying obv

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Depends on how you’d fly…if it was like superman, effortless and fast then that would be good. But if it was flying at slow speed and having to flap your arms around to do so and generally getting knackered after a few minutes then it would be a bit shitter.

Pigface
    Free Member

Rene because the work wouldn’t be done ?????????

stumpy01

Flying. I’d save tons in fuel money on the commute – assuming of course that I could fly at a reasonable speed.
    Could also travel ‘as the crow flies’ which would be loads quicker.

mogrim

Flying. I’d save tons in fuel money on the commute

Invisibility, with a life of undetectable crime you wouldn’t need to commute.

camo16
    Free Member

Flying – because a flying guy would get a great job, be well famous and be able to pull da laydeez.

Invisible Guy would struggle to get noticed. 😀

Rockape63
    Free Member

Now whilst I’d love to fly, invisibility would be awesome. Taking the pervy bit out of the equation, imagine being able to sit in of world leader talks, punching drug dealers and stealing their cash? You’d be a great Vigilante.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Yes, but if you were invisible you could skive off work! How would anyone know?

If you could fly you wouldn’t have to go to work. You’d make a living being ultra-awesome.

rene59
    Free Member

Rene because the work wouldn’t be done ?????????

hmm ok 😳 , flying then!

Rockplough
    Free Member

Invisibility for sure. Would be useless in winter, but at least it’d be a living.

northernmatt

Flying, you could go round crapping on peoples cars just after they finish washing them. Although that doesn’t qualify in the ultra-awesome bit it would be funny.

molgrips
    Free Member

What job would you do if you could fly? Courier perhaps, or maybe traffic reporter.

jambourgie
    Free Member

What job would you do if you could fly? Courier perhaps, or maybe traffic reporter.

‘Giving lifts’ to hot girls. Like Superman.

Sancho
    Free Member

Flying

Though it depends how fast, I would get bored with say walking pace, I’d like some speed

because I feel invisible most days anyway lol

camo16
    Free Member

I was thinking major TV star and all-round badass.

DaRC_L

Invisibility – I had a nickname of ‘the phantom’ so it’d be good to live up to it, I could have a side line of freaking out people on shows like ‘Most Haunted’.
    As long as I had the power to turn it off (not like the Invisible Man)

donncha

If I could fly I’d just see it as exercise and never do it.

Cougar

This invisibility thing, can you turn it on and off?

avdave2

imagine being able to sit in of world leader talks,

Imagine being able to sit in world of leather…
    Naked

smatkins1
    Free Member

Flying for always being able to provide your own uplift. You could also go ride some awesome places. Heck, you could go for some crazy roof to roof gap jumping across London.

Anyway I’ve already got the invisibility thing. I’m behind you right now eating the pudding that I found in your fridge. No pudding for you tonight 😉

fasthaggis

Keep the flying ,I would rather be ‘Low Gravity Man‘,leaping buildings in a single bound.

molgrips
    Free Member

Imagine being able to sit in world of leather…
    Naked

Proper career-limiting lol 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

I reckon flying would motivate you to do good in the world, whereas invisibility would motivate you to do wrong things, very wrong things…
    I’m undecided. 😈

DezB
    Free Member

Yes. with bandages.

edhornby

ironic that the downside to both of these superpowers is the body thermal regulation… I would go for invisibility cos you’d be able to bag a well cool job with MI5 or the like

the no-face thing would be odd – you’d either have to have a muslin over your face all the time, or maybe a plastic mask with a big fake nose and glasses 🙂

theteaboy
    Free Member

Does it have to be flying or invisibility? For my super power I’d like to be super-lucky. Everything would just work out perfectly through sheer chance.

Dickyboy

you could go round crapping on peoples cars

oddly enough my super power of choice would be to be able to make people poo themselves, clearly this could back fire if people are going to start arbitrarily becoming invisible or flying over my head 👿

willard

the teaboy – Member
    Does it have to be flying or invisibility? For my super power I’d like to be super-lucky. Everything would just work out perfectly through sheer chance.

A friend of mine once told me she’d like the ability to always be able to put her hand in her pocket and find the right change for things. You know, go to the shop for some milk, bread, crisps, etc, rech into pocket and have the exact change to hand.

I did wonder at the time whether such a superpower would work with bigger things like, for example, buying a Porsche 911 GT3RS or The Shard.

I’d still like to be able to fly. You could always solve the getting cold thing.

racefaceec90

flying without doubt my choice.

camo16
    Free Member

Can I reject both in favour of Fists of Steel?

retro83
    Free Member

northernmatt – Member

Flying, you could go round crapping on peoples cars just after they finish washing them. Although that doesn’t qualify in the ultra-awesome bit it would be funny.

but would your ‘leavings’ be invisible, or do they become visible when leaving the body?

Likewise, are clothes also made invisible, or do you need to get stark bollocko every time you wish to disappear?

maccruiskeen

I can’t

I know the answer to this is supposed to reveal whether your a creepy, crouching voyeuristic pervert or not but I don’t think its a fair question. For a lot of people ‘invisibility’ is the obvious answer as flying is something you can just do anyway without being a superhero – if flying was something you really want to do you can just stick on a wing suit or book a ryan air ticket and do it. You can even fly a little bit on your bike, its already in your grasp as a human. Invisibility isn’t available at any amount of effort or cost so the only way you can experience it would be through a fictional power.

EDIT: SMIDSY

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

But a wing suit or Ryanair isn’t really flying is it? it’s about as close to flying as sneaking about in the dark is to being invisible.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Which superhero power – Flying or invisibility?’ is closed to new replies.