• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which SS sprocket brand …?
  • jeb

Hello

is there any difference in the quality of those sprockets?

i will use it on a roadbike freehub whee, that i have a single speed kit for

i will probably order from bike24, they stock some micha track sprockets, that don’t even know if fits a normal free hub.

they stock also shimano dx sprockets

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=13&navigation=1&menu=1000%2C4%2C22%2C35&search=sprocket

Also if your could recommend me a good all year chain, for this setup

Cheers

warpcow
    Free Member

Track sprocket won’t fit. They’re threaded. DX ones are ok but will eat through an alloy freehub body if you have one. I’ve got a DX on a ratbike and an On One thing with a wide base on another. Superstar do a cheap wide base one but reviews speak of varying quality.

mudplugga
    Free Member

White industries.

Jonny5
    Free Member

I use Andel cogs from Velosolo on my mountain bike. They seem to last well and have a wide base.

benji
    Free Member

Chris King, got loads of miles out of them, and wide foot so don’t dig into alloy freehub bodies.

TiRed

Surly cromo sprokets at £20 each. I run two on a Hope freehub and they haven’t marked the splines.

I run a SRAM PC1 without issues. Others don’t like them, but mine is fine. Horizontal dropouts mean I just slide the wheel to switch sprocket.

Haze

Chris King was disappointing, I got a lot more life out of my Surly. I probably expected a bit more having paid about £35.

Now trying a Halo…

daftvader
    Free Member

I broke my absolute black one on its first ride. Plus it has worn really badly, even with a brand new chainNot impressed. Having an email fest with them atm trying to get it sorted. Personally I think I’d go with a surley one now.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Been using an On-One cog for 1000’m of km, no visible wear. No damage to soft DT 240 freehub either.

Cheezpleez

On-One Groove Armada is a good balance of price and durability IME. I’d avoid Superstar SS alloy cogs – mine was made of Brie and self-destructed in no time. Surly about the same as the On-One but a bit more spendy.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 for On-One and Surly. Many many miles on many bikes and none of mine look even used (15-20t sappped arround for use on various bikes and fitness levels).

sv

Gusset doublesix worked very well for me.

Yak

Andel/velosolo or surly. Wide base and last well.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which SS sprocket brand …?’ is closed to new replies.