• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which SRAM Road levers?
  • cubist
    Free Member

I have a Planet X carbon pro with flat bars which I commute on. I fancy doing some longer road rides and figured I’d stick some drop bars on but have been shocked at how much the double tap levers cost.

I am running a 10 speed Red rear and Force front derailleur. Where in the range should I be looking for levers? I know nothing of this road bike malarky so want to get the best bang for buck in the range.

deets

I’ve got Red on one bike and Rival on another. They’re both equally reliable, just that the the Red’s are a little lighter on the scales and in feel. Always feels like dearest part of building up a road bike though….

mboy
    Free Member

Desperately trying to find some 10spd Red STI’s at a good price, and have been for a while. If I do, then my 10spd Force levers (in superb condition) will be for sale if you were interested…

Shifters on a drop bar road bike are never cheap, but SRAM have always been expensive when compared to their direct rivals from Shimano and Campag in this respect…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    geetee1972
    Free Member

If you want to trip out on just how expensive a single item for a road bike drive train can be, then how about a front mech for £605rrp?

cubist
    Free Member

£605?? …and people laugh at us for buying £200+ seat posts…

Mboy – my email is in the profile if you still want to sell.

LMT
    Free Member

I run the lowest levers the apex and tbh they are great, sharp shifting and in the last year not let me down. Coming from mtb the double tap didn’t quite click for me at first but now its second nature.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which SRAM Road levers?’ is closed to new replies.