Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Which squash ball?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

New racquet bought and time to really kick start the fitness campaign. However can’t remember the ball/spot colours. Both of us decent players and like it fast and bouncy 😉 which one do we want?

Stoner
    Free Member

red.

and duck!

🙂

Or just go for white and take a yellow for when you’re ready.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

If you can whack it & get it warmed up then get yellow.

wrightyson
    Free Member

That’s not helped at all stoner! 🙂
    I used to play league at a fairly decent level but I’ve no idea now! What’s the fast one then, red?

dannybgoode

Yellow, once warm its a beast

Cheers

Danny B

mcwyc
    Free Member

Yellow – decent players will be able to keep it warm!!!
    🙂

sobriety
    Free Member

Double yellow dot is where it’s at.

Stoner
    Free Member

blue is super fast,
    red fast, white slow, yellow super slow.

But the “speed” just means how much you have to thump it for a while until it’s hot enough to zing.

wrightyson
    Free Member

So as a returning player who’s lungs will be possibly out of his body after ten minutes, yellow is best?

sobriety
    Free Member

If by ‘fast’ you mean ‘bouncy’ then yes.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yellow for me too, it makes it easier to play properly imo. I used to find it very hard to play with anything else, my judgement was all over the shop. Fielding drop serves into the corner required a completely different approach.

I don’t think a slow ball means a slower game btw. You have to do a lot more running to go and get the damn thing – a faster ball is more likely to come to you.

I bloody love squash, I never play it any more 🙁

mikey74
    Free Member

I always used yellow, but if you are just getting back into it, then white or red would suffice. The transition between them is fairly easy to get use to, I found. Sometimes we would train with different colours to add a bit of variety.

Bez

Yellow is standard with everyone I’ve ever played with; double yellow comes out occasionally. White is fast; red and blue are good for trying to see if you can hit five walls before it drops but they’re plain stupid for actually playing with (unless you’re a child). IMO.

fizzicist
    Free Member

Double yellow every time 🙂

andy7t2
    Free Member

always play with a black ball think we once used a dark green but didnt notice any difference

Bullet

Once took one of those ‘superball’ mega bouncy things into a squash court when I was playing – must have hit front and back walls about four times each before slowing down! Interesting experiment but bit dangerous on the eyes if you got in the way 🙂

BigJohn

Conti Vert Pro?

ski
    Free Member

I meet my wife because of a yellow dot golf ball 😉

Having a slow ball meant even an a average player like me,could accidentally on purpose drop a ball into the bottom corner of a court, forcing your young and very pretty female opponent, now wife, to bend over to retrieve it 😉

That was over 20 years ago and we are still married.

So yes, start with a yellow dot and see where it takes you 😉

ask1974
    Free Member

Fast ball = slow game (you hardly need to move)
    Slow ball = fast game (you need to move a lot)

Answer to OPs question is probably red, but really should be aiming for yellow or double yellow. Doesn’t mean you have to but that should be the objective. God I miss it!

luke
    Free Member

White dot if playing with the wife to give her a chance, yellow if playing with my dad, although I haven’t played for far too long now, my lad wants to learn but has no coordination so should be fun.

sprootlet
    Free Member

One dot yellow to start with as the weather and court temperature has picked up a bit.
    It won’t be long before you need 2 dot yellow as you improve and our baking hot summer starts….
    Most balls are now black apart from th kids blue ones. Sports direct are fairly cheap, £3-4 for 3.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Which squash ball?’ is closed to new replies.