Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which spring do I need for my shock???
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

I have a 200mm x 57mm coil shock but it came without a spring (2nd hand) and want to know what size spring I need?
    I'm 13st so is it going to be a 2.25 x 400lb spring? and have I got the 2.25 bit right?

Thanks 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member
    richwales

if its dhx you'll need the oversize int. diameter (see nuke proof CRC). Also fox springs won't be marked as 2.25 it'll be 2.37 (double check that on Mojo website).
    HTH

pimpmyride
    Free Member

its a swinger coil 4 way, and the springs are manitou and have 2.25 or 2.5 on them so i thought 2.25 would be right.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

what internal diameter do you need? i have a 450lb spring of the length you need

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Hi Rob, not sure mate will measure it later mate, is your a manitou spring? and is it 2.25?

cheers Stu

racing_ralph
    Free Member

its a fox one for a 2.25 stroke shock

should fit if internal diameter is the same (tft recommend manitou for fix shocks as they are cheaper)

£10 posted btw

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Hi Rob, I have a 5th element shock too witht he same stroke which had a 500lb spring which was too hard, would the 450lb spring be any better or would I not notice much difference?
    I'm 190 lbs with camelbak and gear, tf tuned website put me at a 400 lb spring for a 5th element on a single pivot frame (heckler)

What did you have the spring on and how heavy are you?

cheers mate

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i have a 550lb and am 83kg in my riding gear on a single pivot

tftuned reckoned that a 50lb change was quite substantial

my spare is a 450lb for a 2-2.25" stoke shock (200mm length)

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Cheers Rob, if it deffo says 2.25 on it then i'll take it mate.
    Oh and is it in good condition?

paypal?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

its nearly new – paypal to robjackson@hotmail.co.uk as a gift please

it says 2.39 but as its a fox one its measured differently (TFTuned say that this is for a shock with a 2.0 or 2.25 stroke length)

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Cheers Rob will pay tomorrow mate as some money will be comimng in as of midnight tonight fingers crossed!

Will it be 1st class with royal mail as they are having the strikes aren't they?

Cheers mate 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

it will be 1st class recorded if thats ok – insured up to £39

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which spring do I need for my shock???’ is closed to new replies.