• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by qtip.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which Sportful (or possibly other) bib tights?
  • qtip

I know, not the most interesting of questions!

I’m after a pair of bib tights for autumn/winter use. I’m leaning towards Sportful because my Super Total Comfort bib shorts are by far the most comfortable I’ve ever used, and the fit is great. The question is, which ones to go for: Super Total Comfort / Total Comfort / R&D / No Rain Fiandre

Has anyone used more than one of these and is able to make a real-world comparison?

The R&D and No Rain Fiandre use the Total Comfort Pro pad, which has less material than the Total Comfort pad that I know and love – is there a noticeable difference in comfort over long rides?

Does the extra water resistance of the No Rain Fiandre really make that much difference?

Also open to suggestions from other manufacturers. Currently I have a set of Altura Progel bibs (not really warm enough for coldest conditions, pad reasonably comfortable but a bit thin and started to peel away after a few months of use) and some DHB Aeron Roubaix tights (very warm but I find the pad a bit uncomfortable after about 50K). Those will be reserved for commuting duties, but I want something that will give maximum comfort for longer winter rides. Need to be durable though as they will still see a lot of use.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Pad less bib over the top of your comfy shorts. Keeps everything nice and warm.

dovebiker

Total Comfort work for me – I also have Castelli Sorpasso which aren’t quite as warm / OK for 5 degrees +. FWIW Sportful own Castelli. I’m not a big fan of Windstopper tights – too restrictive and can get clammy. Anything I’ve had with a nano-coating stopped being water-resistant after a few washes. Gore Bikewear is hardwearing too – but their sizing isn’t for me (don’t like turn-ups 😉 )

spaniardclimber
    Free Member

I have pretty much one of each Sportful bibs.
    Total comfort is pretty similar to the Pro, I like the TC better because I always have piriformis pain on my left side, and is more noticeable with the Pro, if it wasn’t for that I would use either of both.

Also, Norain vs not Norain: Norain is warmer, and also less transpirable, I usually wear them when it’s very cold 0-10 deg, otherwise I prefer the normal version, unless it’s raining, in which case I choose the Norains.

Whatever you choose, try to get them with zip at the leg, it helps taking them off.

Hope this helps!

qtip

@cyclistm – not a big fan of the padless bib over shorts option, although it’s often my solution for commuting. Find it a little sweaty, it doubles the washing, and I’ve never found it to be quite as comfortable as bib tights.

@dovebiker & spaniardclimber – that’s very helpful, thanks. I run fairly hot and sweat a fair bit, plus not too bothered about being wet so long I’m warm. That, combined with the nano-coating wearing off, is leading me to think that I can rule out the No Rain option.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Which Sportful (or possibly other) bib tights?’ is closed to new replies.