Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • which sombrios to get? x-floats, x-loams, x-slats or x-shazams
  • jedimaster
    Free Member

Currently after some mtb shoes. CRC do a good deal on sombrios however 4 models are on sale currently. Which one would you pick and why?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Daz

asterix
    Free Member

get one with a high pointed crown, an extra-wide brim to cast a shadow over your head, neck and shoulders, with a slightly upturned edge;-) dont forget the chin string to hold it in place 😆

Coyote
    Free Member

I got the X-Floats. I’m usually a 9 but had to get a 9.5. Seem pretty well made, quite comfy and very stiff. Only had a brief trip so can’t make a concrete recommendation but for the money it’d be rude not to.

Northwind

Depends what you want it to do- they’re not better or worse, just for different jobs.

Love my X-Shazams, best winter flat shoe i’ve used by a country mile. Unfortunately the black one is a different design with a mesh toe so for the weatherproofing you want the orrible charcoal one. I’m assuming the clearance sales means they’re going to be discontinued, so tempted to get another pair, really wish I’d had them sooner. Wearing my other shoes in the cold and wet just feels terrible now.

<edit- my size is out at CRC 🙁 >

Just ordered a set of X-Floats for summer shoes.

scaredypants

we’ve had this before – shazam is the only magic word on offer there, so get them

or maybe the slags

toys19
    Free Member

I’ve just got the loams, like em so far..

jedimaster
    Free Member

ordered the charcoal shazams, thanks for your help guys! 🙂 😀

thepurist

I’ve had the shazams for the best part of a year now and they’re holding up really well. The only thing I found was that on a warm day they can be a bit hot. Not a problem last summer, but I’ve ordered a pair of loams in the blind hope that this year gets better.

jedimaster
    Free Member

the shazams are only £40.50!!! madness :O

Northwind

My floats arrived, they feel a wee bit stiffer than the shazams and, on first wear, not quite as nice- wee bit foldy when walking and the heel cup’s a wee bit stiff. But still, just as good on the bike. They’re going to be a summer option only for me though, freezing toes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘which sombrios to get? x-floats, x-loams, x-slats or x-shazams’ is closed to new replies.