Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Which smartphone for web browsing etc.?
  • flip
    Free Member

Anyone recommend one? theres a huge choice out there, are Blackberries any good?
    Anyone got a Blackberry Pearl? it appeals to me because it’s smaller, but if the browsing is rubbish i’d rather have a bigger bulge in my trousers and have a curve or bold one 🙄

willard

Purely for the browsing experience, go for an iPhone.

I’ve got a Nokia e61 and the browsing is a little basic. However, it is functional.

The iPhone is just better.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i’ve currently got a t-mobile G1, it does the job and has some quite nice features. i had an mda vario 2 before, whcih was a better phone all round, but more bulky and non to robust. i had 2 in 2 years.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’m generally anti mac/apple but even I was impressed with web browsing on the iPhone

chomp
    Free Member

agreed – the iPhone is the best web browsing experience by a country mile

flip
    Free Member

I’m upgrading on Orange so iphone is out, they got HTC, Blackberries and Nokia’s 😯

GaryLake
    Free Member

I’ve always had web and email on my mobile and then never used them (or even set them up), got an iphone now and use it all the time. Web browsing is pretty sorted with the gestures (pinch, stretch and double tap)

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Flip – i’d go with the HTC Touch HD then.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

if it has to be Orange then get a HTC. http://www.coolsmartphone.com has a few reviews, I think the HD touch one got reccomended by PC Pro recently. Theres several browsers available and Opera mobile is a bit like the iPhone browser.

Agree with the others though, for browsing, you can’t beat the iphone.

smudge
    Free Member

Blackberry bold 100%
    daughter has a ipod touch which has wifi and although i’d say the screen is slightly better its a nightmare typing on the pop up keyboard. get totally pissed of opening fingers on screen to make screen zoom in and accidently press on a weblink and of it goes to it !!

Also Bold is great with pushed emails 🙂

aviemoron
    Free Member

Yep gonna tell you what you already know……….. Iphone. Although I got on ok with HTC when I was on Orange, apart from the occasional freeze or crash.

Swayndo
    Free Member

My N95 8GB is so good I think I’ll forego an upgrade in a coupl of months.

firestarter
    Free Member

nokia 5800 here and its great does web emails music sportstracker gps sat nav bbc iplayer plus more and more all the time and unlike the iphone is a normal size. Im posting on it here now actually 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

ebay! Stupid not to (no offence)

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

Nokia e71 here

not fantastic for browsing, more of a business workhorse…….3 were so bad for me i bought myself out of the contract.

DrP

I’ve just upgraded to the HTC touch diamond (branded as O2 ignito).
    The opera web browser is a thousand times better than the WM Explorer that was on my old HTC phone. Seriously, combined with the high res screen, opera is stunning. Not used an iPhone to be honest, so can’t dismiss it, but i’m a WM fan through and though!!!

DrP

auricgoldfinger

iPhone here too.

Swayndo
    Free Member

ebay! Stupid not to (no offence)

Or drop to a less than a tenner sim-only deal rather than £25 a month?

Thanks for the tip cynic-al, but I’m on the ball.

Flaperon

Touch Diamond has a VGA screen, which offers substantially more real estate than the iPhone. Unfortunately, you need to have laser sharp vision or coke-bottle-bottom glasses to take advantage of it.

willard

Not too mad keen on the e71. I tried one out the other week and, whilst they have made it a good bit smaller and sleeker, it’s now less useable for me than the slightly larger and bulkier e61. I think it was removing the gaps between the keys that did it.

One other thing to consider is getting a phone, any phone, on a contract with unlimited data that has the ability to act as a wireless hotspot (with Joikuspot software or similar), then using an iPod Touch as the web browsing front end. Not only do you get the nice browsing experience, but you get to have a phone that’s not on O2 or on a hugely expensive contract

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

The new HTC Touch HD is really good, but you need to watch out for the battery life. The HTC Touch Diamond 2 is about to be launched so watch out for that. The Nokia 5800 is meant to be pretty good for browsing and multi media. Oh, and of course the iPhone – new firmware just released so check if you go for it that it is the new version

Oh and if its for browsing, forget Blackberry – they are rubbish

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

After being with TMobile forever, I was due another upgrade but I am moving to O2 just for the iPhone – irrespective of the very generous offers they gave me to stay with them. Unfortunately for all other suppliers, they will be losing customers hand over fist to O2 now – it simply is the best phone for web etc.

Alini
    Free Member

Mastiles – there is a new generation of iphone due June timeish, to coincide with OS3 launch, i think the exclusive contract with O2 expires, so other providers will be able to sell and offer deals – which is why O2 are now giving away the current handset to existing customers who are looking to upgrade or leave…..might be worth waiting a little while…

🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

i think the exclusive contract with O2 expires

That is interesting to note – how good is your source?

fontmoss
    Free Member

alini email me re. pompino forks!

sorry for hijack

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Which smartphone for web browsing etc.?’ is closed to new replies.