Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which smallish backpack?
  • ncfenwick
    Free Member

Hi I am looking for a pack to hold the usual tools and maybe a waterproof for rides of say 2hrs to 4hrs so volume in the region of 8-12 litres. Currently considering the Dakine Session or the Berghaus Remote. Does not need to be a hydration pack by the way.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Cheers

nick1962
    Free Member

Definitely recommend any of these, all complete with hydration bladders. A great range of sizes with lightweight versions too.Useful side pockets for those smaller things you need mostlike multitools/snack bars etc so you don’t have to take the pack off to reach.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/raid-backpacks-3231782/

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Any of the Osprey packs..

They are all fantastic IMHO..

Frankers
    Free Member

Got an Osprey Rapture and some of the features are neat but my CB Hawg is much comfier to wear

tthew

One of these from Decathlon. Brilliant, and cheap. 20 quid includes a decent bladder.
    Diosaz 10 adventure racing.

Edit, like what he said ^ 😳

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I run Dakine bags and they’re fantastic. They are by no means lightweight, but incredibly robust, have chunky zips that don’t split, the bladders are good and they’ve got a lot of nice attention to detail (key hooks, soft lined pockets, a little tube of fabric to put your pump in) etc.

If lightweight is key, look at Innov8 packs as they’re bargainlicious, but if not then Dakine every time.

tonyd

+1 Osprey. I have a Talon 11 and love it. The only thing that I’m not that keen on is the bungy elastic thing on the outside – I have a larger Talon (30ish) and it has a stretchy pocket instead. Would much rather have one of those as it’s more secure for holding a waterproof.

Edit to add: Just had a look at the website and the Raptor 10 looks very nice.

http://www.ospreypacks.com/Packs/RaptorSeriesHydrationSpecificMountainBikingTrailRunning/Raptor10/

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I’m going to say a Wingnut Hyper 2.5, they’d neen reduced to £50 on the Spoke shirts web site last week. If you don’t fancy that then I’d get a 20l Gourdon from Alpkit, fully waterproof, light and very comfy … also cheap.

bazzer
    Free Member

I have a Osprey Switch 26 for skiing and its a great pack and very nicely made with good functional touches.

For the bike I have used a wingnut for about 3 years, its comfy but only one internal pocket. Its just about worn out now as well.

Bazzer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which smallish backpack?’ is closed to new replies.