Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which Sky + HD box is the best…
  • crazant
    Free Member

I am upgrading to Sky+ HD but as an existing customer will have to pay £79 (£30 installation, It’s two cables !!!!!) and will probably have to wait 2 months for the delivery, so i am thinking of buying a box on Ebay, so which is the best, most reliable box:

Pace
    Thomson
    Samsung

Also i notice a few for sale which are faulty, do they break a lot and are they easy to fix ( as the other ad’s on Ebay seem to think)

Oh, anyone got one for sale 🙂

Cheers
    Anthony

robbo1234biking

http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-hd/

There is plenty of info on here and you will prob be able to find some for sale n the classifieds. I have a Samsung box and havent had any problems personally but there seems to be problems with all of the boxes. Only thing to bear inmind if you buy it second hand is that you wont have the warranty that you get on one from Sky if they do go wrong!

ton

RETURN RATE IS LOWEST ON SAMSUNG.
    sorry for shouting.
    i sell these all day long…

sofaking
    Free Member

is it true you get a better picture on your normal sky channels when using a hd box ?

crazant
    Free Member

ton, any good deals going ?

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

sofaking, if you have a cr@p picture on your HD tv with standard sky you may need to change the settings in your sky box to RGB from PAL. It makes a massive difference to the picture quality.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Remember you probably need a new LNB as well as the cables in order for the Sky+ feature to work.

When we had our Sky+ done, I asked the engineer to whack an extra cable in (and gave him £20 for the bother) and took the old Sky box upstairs into the bedroom – so we can watch/record two channels downstairs and watch something else upstairs too (you have to buy a Freesat card for about £20 for it to receive all the free to air channels though).

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

You’re ok though if you’re upgrading from sky+ as the multi lnb will already be in place.

jonnrs
    Free Member

Amstrad HD boxes are by far the best.

scaredypants

related question (apologies if it’s a hijack):

is there a way of using a feed from a sky dish (I used to have a multiroom but the 2nd box broke) to get the freeview channels into some kind of a tuner that will then record them (without a sky subs – ie not sky+) ??

(not bothered about HD at all)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which Sky + HD box is the best…’ is closed to new replies.