• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Dobbo.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which SKS mudguards for CX – Wide road or Hybrid?
  • alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Evening all,

I will be collecting my first CX bike shortly ?

90% of its life it will be my commuter, so I need mudguards on it.

I’m going for SKS again, but confused now after looking at them on Evans website.

They sell Wide road & Hybrid options, don’t think it will make a difference, but thought I’d ask anyway.

Thanks in advance,

Alan.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member
    dyls

Ive just bought a cx bike and was looking at these mudguards as well. The cx tyres are 35mm so im going with the 28-35mm mudguard version, i can then use a wide road tyre if i wanted as well.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Depends on what you use it for, 35mm guards will be fine on the road, infact 65 would be too wide, depends on wheter you want some mud clerance for occasional off roading.

cynic-al
    Free Member

P45s, P35s will be too narrow.

mintsauce5
    Free Member

I’ve got sks chromoplastics on my boardman hybrid team , the 45mm road fit version can run up to 35 tyres , I’m using schwalbe cx comps on mine 🙂

dvatcmark
    Free Member

SKS long boards on my commuting CX bike, mainly for the extra coverage on the front wheel

renton
    Free Member

Ive got SKS velo 42 on my boardman hybrid. They were the only ones I could see that fitted properly with disc brakes to. Semm good so far.

TiRed

You can run 28c tyres with P35s. I’d go with these for road use. Anything else will spoil the lines 😉

midlifecrashes

I have those big Bluemels guards on a Fargo. Look and work great with 2″ tyres, looking a bit gappy with 42mm Marathons. Certainly wouldn’t look good with regular roadie tyres, 23-28mm.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve tried the SKS but this winter I’m got some Blackburn Cloudburst’s to try (when it finally rains). 😉

Dobbo

I’ve got SKS Chromoplastic (black 45mm) on a Kona Jake The Snake and they work a treat, good wheel coverage.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which SKS mudguards for CX – Wide road or Hybrid?’ is closed to new replies.