Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • which size headset for 2012 (mk2) carbon nomad
  • sofaboy73
    Free Member

looking to order a new headset and can’t remember what size headset the mk2 nomad c takes and can’t find the specs listed anywhere.

it’s a 49mm diameter straight head tube with internal top cup and external bottom, with tapered steerer forks.

do i need a ZS44/EC49 (like the mk3 nomad) or ZS49/EC49?

if it helps, current headset is chris king inset 5 (rather unhelpfully doesn’t have the ZS/EC numbers listed)

Daffy

Chris King Inset 5 is ZS49 EC49. What’s wrong with the CK inset 5?

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Thanks, thought it might be the 49/49 but then confused myself with the mk3 nomad being 44/49 but with the same 1.5″ straight head tube

What’s wrong with the CK inset 5?

Nothing wrong with the CK headset and still going strong after 4 years of abuse, but going to give a works components angleset a go to knock a degree off the head angle

munkyboy
    Free Member

Been tempted to do exactly the same thing for a while. Let me know what you order and how it works out.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Been tempted to do exactly the same thing for a while. Let me know what you order and how it works out.

Will do, assuming I order the right one! Do you know if it is the zs49/ec49 for the mk2 nomad?

Daffy

Yes, that’s the right headset for a MK2 Nomad using a 1.125>1.5 tapered fork.

How much would you want for the Inset 5?

sofaboy73
    Free Member

@daffy – thanks for confirming. Going to keep hold of the CK headset in case I don’t get on with the angleset

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘which size headset for 2012 (mk2) carbon nomad’ is closed to new replies.