• This topic has 89 replies, 81 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by jacob11-spam.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Which side of the bed do you sleep on?
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Right side normally. But normally whatever space is left is mine. Her ladyship travels round the bed. Pissed on her chips when I had my hinged knee brace on after surgery, the metal and Velcro dug in apperantly.

tang
    Free Member

Right, but I mostly sleep in my study these days; we have a restless baby so I do the weekend shift. Strangely I sleep on the left of the double bed there.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Whichever bit is not occupied by the wife doing her finest starfish impression. Officially the left is my side but in reality i would probably have more room if i got in on the right.

z1ppy

This was my one & only victory when moving in with her indoors. I sleep on the right hand side , or as per the diagram… the right hand side quarter 😳

mrmo
    Free Member

wherever the cat lets me!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Right side.. But always wakes up in the carpet 😡

sbob
    Free Member

The side her arse is on.
    I probably shouldn’t go into more detail.

mboy
    Free Member

Men sleep on the left

Women sleep on the right

Anything else is too wrong for my tiny brain to compute sadly…

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Either left, as a starting point, extreme left with the level of extreme dictated by the presence of one or two children, or the middle as I try and diminish “the hump” (the raised area that demarcates the neutral zone between the divots we have formed in the memory foam mattress).

popstar
    Free Member

Furthest from the door, closer to radiators and bloody windows. In current set up my man’s side is on the left.

If I perform right at night then I reward myself with the right one, feels so much better. Further from windows feels comfier. Maybe I need stamp down my prefference and occupy right side. If she complains, send her to kitchen to do lady jobs, and possibly stay there.

woody21
    Free Member

Left side

chojin
    Free Member

I think you’re all missing a vital bit of detail here:

The left as you lay on your back? Or the left as you lay on your front? Surely it depends on *how* you sleep!

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Nearest the door for me too.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Chojin, left and right were defined in the OP.

breadcrumb

Closest the door so what the OP describes as left.

I’d say it was actually the right hand side, as when you’re sitting up in bed. Could that provide the argument that’s missing from this thread?!

prawny

Nearest the door, furthest from the duvet.

lunge

Her right so the OP’s left. This is furthest from the door and so closest to the window.

theotherjonv

She sleeps on the right side. I sleep on the wrong side. Wherever we are. Only variation is if there’s a wet bit, I get that privilege.

chojin
    Free Member

Onzadog – Member
    Chojin, left and right were defined in the OP.

So it was. You’ll have to forgive me, it was about 4:30am at the time I read it and I was trying to settle a 6 week old!

TiRed

Home right, Away left.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Facing the bed standing at the bottom? Then right, it’s the closest to the window, furthest from the door and radiator.
    However it’s not always been this way, about 4 years ago we swapped around as we changed the room and now MrsBouy likes sleeping closest to the door (on the left). I guess it’s so she can let her farts out sharpish 😆

sandwicheater

We used to swop once a year but since the sprog arrived the wife is closest to the door (right).

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Right, furthest from the door, closest to the radiator in the new house.

HermanShake
    Free Member

flicker
    Free Member

Nearest the door, this is apparently so any burglars who break in will murder me first, whilst the wife helps by shrieking the house down.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Shirly it depends if you’re left or right handed… 😯

emsz
    Free Member

Where I want to!!

It’s my duvet, I will make a nest of it, and yes it possibly is a bit smelly, and yes there may be missing socks and knickers at the end, there may also be the telly remote that’s been missing for a bit and a plate, definitely a book

Single? How can you tell? 😆

epicsteve
    Free Member

I sleep on the right. When we first got married that was the side nearest the door but in our current house it’s not, but we’re too set in our ways to change now.

ads678

Left, which is currently nearest the door.

D0NK

right, which is furthest from the door at home, pretty sure I sleep on the right when we’re away, irrespective of where the door is, tho if the bed is against a wall on one side I’ll probably sleep on the other.

jamiea
    Free Member

Always used to be the right (closest to the door), with the left of the bed being against a wall. Since our daughter was born we swapped so the wife cold feed during the night and haven’t changed back.

Cheers,
    Jamie

cliffyc
    Free Member

Left side,near the door.It is supposed to be the “Man side”,is it not?,in case you have an intruder you can leap out a pull some ninja sh1t or suttin….,.I lost my hero nerve in my teens after an old guy very nearly drowned near our house*(we were taught lifesaving in the school pool,we had to pick up a brick off the bottom dressed in pyjamas.Sadly on the fateful day I spotted the old boy in the water and raced home to put on my jim-jams,by the time I returned, someone else had got him out….).GF is far more terrifying anyway,when awoken….

*possibly made-up story.

twojumpers

Right, nearest to the door and furthest from the radiator. In our old flat it was still the right but away from the door and near the radiator (but also the window that let in lots of cold air).

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The dry side preferably ……

Mister-P
    Free Member

Which ever side I want. I find if you use one side one night then the other the next night you don’t need to change the sheets for a couple of months.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

on the left, ever since I broke my right clavicle.
    Before that it was on the right, following an serious injury to my left knee.
    Both bike-related injuries.
    See a pattern?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Even although I have a kingsize all to myself, I still sleep on the top left quarter, nearest the door. Occasionally I venture round the other side of my bed and find the long lost jeans, socks, t shirt etc.

loddrik
    Free Member

Right, in 17 years I think I’ve slept on her side of the bed twice. And that includes when I have the bed to myself.

honeybadgerx

The side that isn’t ‘hers’*

*There is apparently some logic to this, seemingly involving the size of the moon, time period from the last portion of chocolate consumed by her ladyship and the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Nearest the door, this is apparently so any burglars who break in will murder me first, whilst the wife helps by shrieking the house down.

As per “Men are from Mar, Women are from Venus”.
    Men as protectors, should sleep closest to the door.
    This is ingrained as much as men being hunters and women being nurturers

Any man not sleeping closest top the door is either a big wimp, or his wife has bigger muscles!
    Which are you? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Which side of the bed do you sleep on?’ is closed to new replies.