Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which S/H 26 120mm (1 1/8, 9mm) fork?
  • foxwelljsly
    Free Member

I want to buy a Second hand 120mm travel fork for a 26 Santa Cruz Superlight. Will be used at trail centres and marathon XC/Enduro style rides. I want 9mm drop outs and a 1 1/8 steerer.

Having some difficulty finding my preferred model, Fox 120 RLC, to this spec. What else might I consider? I’ve only ever used Fox forx and have no clue about what other manufacturers offer.

chakaping
    Free Member

Reba Team or RLT ti (pretty much same fork I believe).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Want or need 9mm?

andyl
    Free Member

Probably has normal QR wheels ^

I would go with Reba. Pretty much bomb proof and a model to fit most budgets but you do have to hunt for the top end ones.

You could also go with some Revelations with a spacer as they are pretty much the same but might weigh a bit more and tend to be more popular as people want the longer travel.

Or get a SID, again very similar to the Reba. Go for a premium as they are the race model. Share a lot of parts with a Reba though so tbh it goes back to a top end Reba as suggested above.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

andyl – Member
    Probably has normal QR wheels ^

Yeah, though we were at the point where all wheels were adaptable these days…

dannyh
    Free Member

I can’t speak highly enough of my Reba. Performs great, easy to set up, pretty easy to maintain. Doesn’t seem to have any glitches.

andyl
    Free Member

Yeah, though we were at the point where all wheels were adaptable these days…

I’m in the process of moving to adaptable hubs. Been quite happy on QRs for years, especially as it lets me use centre lock discs which I think are brilliant as they get sold dirt cheap as no one wants them 😀

foxwelljsly
    Free Member

Want 9mm as I’ve got DT Thru bolts and don’t really want to change them having spent Quite a lot of money on the bolts and adapters!

Cheers for the advice. SID or Reba added to the list. Although last years Fox Floats can be had for £330, so may go for those.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which S/H 26 120mm (1 1/8, 9mm) fork?’ is closed to new replies.